• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Optimus F3 SD help

hatv1

Jul 4, 2015
So I recently finally got a phone for my birthday and it is an LG optimus f3. It only comes with 2g of internal storage so I bought a 16g micro SD and put it in just to find out that I can't set my SD card to default and I can't move apps to my SD card. People say that in the application manger there should be a button labeled move to SD card and sometimes it will be grayed out, but it is just not there for me. Does anyone know what the problem is? And if so, how can I fix it? I just made my account so I could find help

So I recently finally got a phone for my birthday and it is an LG optimus f3. It only comes with 2g of internal storage so I bought a 16g micro SD and put it in just to find out that I can't set my SD card to default and I can't move apps to my SD card. People say that in the application manger there should be a button labeled move to SD card and sometimes it will be grayed out, but it is just not there for me. Does anyone know what the problem is? And if so, how can I fix it? I just made my account so I could find help
I get it rooted then get exposed put on it there is an module in the list that will do what u what I put a costume ROM like the liquid Smith that phenomx4 did or cm11 that exclusive and other delves had help in the procces

Upvote 0
Well my phone is on jellybean and in another month will skip straight to lolypop. Will that fix it?
No.

It was introduced with an app in Eclair, made a standard feature in Froyo, and removed in Gingerbread because it doesn't really work. You still see it available for some apps only because they were built for legacy support.

All that the feature ever did was move the apk file to the sd card - iow, typically the smallest part of most any app.

The class definitions and private app data will remain in the /data partition and that's typically where the space is being consumed. And it's also a protected area (class definitions, protection, private data - that's the deal).

If rooted, you can move apks with Link2SD. Or move the data with FolderMount.

Otherwise, wait for Android M, the feature is returning in a new form thanks to a security model update.

But from Gingerbread to Lollipop, what you get is what you got.

Reactions: roadkill42
Upvote 0
Thanks. The thing is, one of my friend's has an s4 and it just gives home the option to make his default download place.
If you mean that it puts the icon on the home screen, or arranges how to place things in the app drawer, that's not the same thing.

The S4 doesn't install apps to sd any differently than what I described earlier.

It's a fundamental Android architectural design issue.

New S4 owners with 16 GB models were told by Verizon and one of the British carriers that they could install to the sd card.

It made the scandal news in the UK and led to endless complaints here.

It's not true.

Upvote 0
No. I don't mean it gives him the option to put an icon on the home screen. I accedently typed in home earlier. I meant "him". Here is what my friends phone looks like and what mine SHOULD look like.
CAM00089.jpg
CAM00089.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones