• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG optimus F6 MS500

It's just a code for instance I'm on an LG theyre Keypress combo for me on every LG I ever owned is hold power and vol down at the same time as and as soon as the LG logo shows itself I let off power real quick then press power again and for me since I have a custom recovery am able to flash a ROM if I have one on my SD card which I do, or to flash my nandroid backup, need root for this level of action. When you figure out you're Keypress not sure if you're stock or not but if you're stock OS then if nothing is damaged, in you're case you should be fine if you just locked yourself out. You have to find Keypress combo for you're phone and maker and you will be taken either to stock factory data reset screen or a custom recovery like mine where you can even get back to exactly where you left off with a nandroid backup this requires root. but yes you're phone can be unlocked and very easy!

Upvote 0
He isn't locked out of his phone. He was trying to unlock it so that he could use a sim card for a different carrier. This is called sim unlocking. He entered the wrong unlock code too many times and now he can't sim unlock his phone which means that it can only be used with MetroPCS. This is completely different from a lock screen password, pattern, or pin #. I doubt that a factory reset will give him more attempts to unlock his phone.

Upvote 0
Anybody have a decent link with info on where to put an init.d script? I think I just place a script in ext internal SD, and how do you know wich script does what? sorry to bother you man and I am on LG F6 so should be to off topic here.I flashed fkymod 4.1 I can see the scripts I placed on my SD, just don't know wich script is wich. battery saving script, UI tweaks etc.

Upvote 0
Anybody have a decent link with info on where to put an init.d script? I think I just place a script in ext internal SD, and how do you know wich script does what? sorry to bother you man and I am on LG F6 so should be to off topic here.I flashed fkymod 4.1 I can see the scripts I placed on my SD, just don't know wich script is wich. battery saving script, UI tweaks etc.
All I know is that they go in /system/etc/init.d

If you want more info google is your friend.

Upvote 0
Hi, I just got this phone and i rooted it and was deleteing a bunch of bloat, and I accidentally deleted the lg home app. Now my phone doesn't function properly. I tried other launchers with no success. Please don't try to troubleshoot this for me i just need the LG home apk. Much appreciated
Download xperion ROM and extract it from the zip. Moving forward, it would be a good idea to learn how to use twrp and titanium backup.

Upvote 0
U
Download xperion ROM and extract it from the zip. Moving forward, it would be a good idea to learn how to use twrp and titanium backup.
Yea I know lol was just excited. I'm sad to see lil dev support too for this phone. I used to have an L70 that had cm12.1, I am very tempted to port this but I'll need help if you're interested I'm new to advanced development I just know necessities

Upvote 0
It's cool but I see your a developer do you want to try to help port cyanogenmod 12.1 or any aosp lollipop rom with me, this phone has true potential hidden.

Nah sorry it's a pretty old phone and seems like most folks have moved on from it including myself. It's still a fun project you can take on though and see how far you get.

Reactions: Masterchief87
Upvote 0
Nah sorry it's a pretty old phone and seems like most folks have moved on from it including myself. It's still a fun project you can take on though and see how far you get.
Well I know someone who has a lot of dev experience and successfully ported cm12.1 to various phones. However he does not have this phone. Can you please please donate your F6 for development since you said you moved on I'd truly appreciate it my money's kinda tight

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones