• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Optimus G having freezing issues.

kalfis049

Lurker
Mar 17, 2013
I've had nothing but trouble with the LG Optimus G. I have had 2 of them now.

They both have the same problems. THEY FREEZE AND THEY GET TOO HOT.

The freezing issue is incredibly annoying, by far the most annoying thing I've ever had to deal with on a phone.

It happens when I'm texting. The status bar turns white and I can't text. The phone just freezes up whenever I type anything. But when I scroll the status bar back down and up, the freezing stops. But it continues once I press a letter. It freezes on words.
This happens to me whenever I type on anything. Internet browser, messaging, ect.

So I have to restart the phone for it to stop.

It happens at least once a day. Most of the day it's fine.

Now the heat issue. I don't know if its common for the LG optimus G to get very hot with just 5 mins of use. It's very annoying. It's hard to make calls with it when it's that hot. Your ear feels like it's on fire.

I use swiftkey, but that's not what's causing this problem. I had this problem way before I installed swiftkey.
I don't ever have eco mode on either.

I'm incredibly confused on why this is happening. There's no way in hell you get 2 dud phones in a row. It just doesn't happen.
Also no one else in the world has reported this issue. Believe me, I've tried looking.

Bestbuy won't exchange it now because I have already exchanged it for the 2nd one. It's so ridiculous that they won't take back a clearly broken phone.

Long post, but this issue is far too complicated. Please bring down your mighty wisdom and help me with this hell hole of a problem!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones