• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help lg optimus l3 screen problems

hemzy

Lurker
Sep 16, 2012
hi,

this is my first post and i am new to all this so please give simple advice.
i have a problem with the screen, when i ring someone from the phone as soon as i have pressed the call button the screen turns off and cannot be turned back on until the call has ended, is there any solution for this.

Thanks

You might want to check if you accidentally covered your proximity sensor.
it is located on the right side of the shiny LG logo. (Its behind the glass so its not clearly visible but you should be able to find it.)

anyway, this sensor prevents you from dialing/accidentally do stuff with your ear while on the phone.

Hope it helps!

Upvote 0
Thanks, czehollandl. I had the same problem, and stumbled on this forum trying to solve it. Your solution fixed it. I had put a screen protector on my phone, that extended up to just below the speaker. I trimmed it off now to go just above the display, and it works. I didn't know there was a proximity sensor there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones