• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Optimus L3 - won't boot

allangf

Lurker
Aug 11, 2012
Hi everyone,

I'll just start by apologising for the fact I am a massive technophobe so I'm sorry if what I'm writing doesn't make much sense. I've had a search through the forum, and I'm not sure if I found the answer I was looking for as all the instructions I found which could be what I was looking for didn't really make sense to me. I'll try my best to describe my problem.

I had installed some new apps on my phone, and I got the low memory warning. The phone was rooted, so I went in to try to delete or move some apps to the SD card to clear some space. I think I've selected something I shouldn't have, as the phone then froze, after a while I pulled the battery and restarted. It now won't boot up the android system. When I press the power button, it loads the LG screen, goes onto the T-Mobile animation, and then just continually loops the T-mobile jingle until I pull the battery.

I've tried connecting it to the LG mobile support tool, however everytime I try to use the emergency recovery option, it connects to the phone then says "recovery not available any longer due to a fatal error".

Please help!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones