• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Optimus L90 shuts out of Internet; keyboard doesn't work

NickK23

Lurker
Dec 2, 2014
Hello, I'm Nick. I have an LG phone (I forget which one). I've had this phone since last summer. Recently, when I try to go on the Internet using MetroWeb, several seconds later it will go to a black screen and go back to the wallpaper screen. Is this a virus? Also very recently, the LGKeyboard will not show up. Only a pop-up that says that it stops working. It regularly pops-up that it's not working even when I'm not trying to use the keyboard.

I have a 15 GB SD card attached. My internal storage is about 1.5 GB, with 356 MG left of space.

Did I download a bad app? I've only ever downloaded some social media apps like Twitter, Skype, Kik, and OkCupid. I've downloaded a My Boy! Game Boy Emulator from the Google Play store, but this was a while ago and has never caused me problems. I tried shutting it off and restarting it, but the problem persists.

Is it because I have so many pics? I have over 3,000 saved, but they're on my SD card. A lot of them are downloaded from the Internet. Did one of them have a virus or a bug? Or do I have so many?

Hi @NickK23 and welcome to AF!
Hopefully we can figure out your problem and resolve your issue.

First we need to identify exactly what phone you have. Title says "LG Optimus L90" and your post says your not sure what model phone you have and we're in the LG Optimus L9 forum.
If you take off the back battery cover, there should be a sticker on the inside of the phone with the Model number.
If it's a LG L9 from metropcs then the model number on the sticker should read something like LGMS769.
The LG Optimus L90 should be something like LGD405.

I'm guessing you have the LG L9 though.
One of the problems that you are having is the the L9 only has a max of 1.80 GB of user usable internal storage.
Therefore just downloading a couple apps/games or having a couple videos stored and etc... stored on the internal memory, fills and uses that 1.80 GB of space quickly and easily.
If you go to your devices /Settings/storage/ and look at your internal storage and look throught the graph and see what is using up all your devices storage.
On my device I only have a handful of downloaded apps and they are using up 1.63 GB of storage.
The problem with your L9 is you can't transfer your apps to the SD card to free up that internal space.
The SD card is great for storing pics, music, media and so forth.
In the /Settings/storage/ there should be a section labeled "Misc" click on that and see what's in there using up space, especially if it's around 1GB or more.

Is your device rooted or have you made any modifications to the device?

I use a ROM on my L9 (KumaKan rom) that swaps the internal memory with the external memory. So for example, I have a 16 GB external SD card installed in my L9 and the ROM swaps the internal 1.80 GB of storage as my external storage and my 16 GB SD card then becomes my internal storage.

As for the keyboard not working, try going into /Setting/Apps/All/ then scroll down to the keyboard and click on it then clear the data and or cache.
Or try a different keyboard from the play store and see if it works.
I'd try clearing the caxh and/or data fro Metro Web also.
I have metro service but I don't use Metro Web, I find it to be very slow and buggy. I'd use a different browser like Chrome, FireFox or Opera instead and see if you still experience these problems with a different keyboard and browser.

You could also try and boot into "Safe Mode" and run safe mode for a day or so and see if you experience these issues and try and narrow it down to a bad or rouge app causing the problems.

If I remember correctly to boot into safe mode -

Power off the phone then Press and hold the volume (-) down button and power the phone on, keep holding the volume down button until the phone turns on.
Once the phone is on it should say "Safe Mode" in the bottom of the screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones