LG Optimus Mobile sync contactsSupport

1. miltongravy

miltongravy New Member

Just upgraded to a Sprint LG Optimus phone from an Instinct-- I had Mobile Sync but it says it does not support this... is there any way to get around this to get my contacts on my new phone without entering them ALL MANUALLY?
    Please help!

Advertisement
  2. jen8112

jen8112 Well-Known Member

Not that I know of. Android phones sync with Google so if your contacts are saved in Gmail your golden. If not I think you might have to enter them manually, I did the first time I got an Android. The good news is every time you get an Android phone after this you can just sync to Gmail. ;)
  3. apinkel

apinkel Well-Known Member

If you can export your contacts to csv or vcard format from mobile sync you can then import them into google contacts (or hotmail contacts if you already use hotmail for email/contacts).

If you then switch to another phone that supports exchange (windows phone 7, iphone, symbian, a different android phone) your contacts will automatically be sync'd to your phone. Same goes for your calendar and of course your email.
  4. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Take both phones to a Sprint store that has a repair center. They can transfer all contacts for you.