• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Optimus Net - Low Storage Issue

jeri_

Lurker
Nov 30, 2012
Canada
Heya,

I have an LG Optimus Net. I've had it for a few months, so you can imagine that I'm pretty attached to some things on it. I have this low storage problem. Every couple weeks My phone goes through this thing where it tells me I have low storage space on my phone. It keeps me from being able to send text messages. Which is very irritating. The thing is, I have TONS of space left on my phone. I literally only have 1 game, all the music is on my SD card. There is NOTHING taking up space on it. I've deleted so much, I delete my texts on a regular basis. I barely keep contacts. I literally have NOTHING on my phone. I really don't want to lose my game, I've accomplished so much on it so I really don't want to reset to factory settings, the game is even saved to the SD card. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know what I can do to fix this without rebooting my whole phone or returning it?

Welcome to the forums Jeri! Happy to welcome you to Android Forums! :)

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your device, before i offer some help i wanted to let you know i have moved your thread into the Optimus Net forums to receive some better assistance!

If you are concerned about saving games feel free to check out this app: DataSync, this app will allow you to save your game to your PC via a service like DropBox then reload it later.

Personally i do not own your device, but have you ever looked to see how much total space is on your internet storage and how much is left?

Upvote 0
I have had my phone 8 months with no problems, now I keep getting the low storage message and cannot edit my contacts, see my text messages and I have reformatted the sd card and it shows 100% free so now what?

I think, you're talking about LG L45C.
Doesn't matter, actually.

How many third-party apps have you installed?

And ya, you're getting low storage space warning because your phone's internal memory is low, not SD Card's.

Got ma' point?

Upvote 0
I had downloaded 5 apps.. once I moved them to the sd card, it is fixed!! thanks

Hello, I'm brand new to this forum, to Android and just got this Optimus Net phone. So far I'm happy, but ...

After downloading several apps, my wifi and mobile signal greyed out and got the little notification that I've identified as "low storage" - and I found notification meant there was less than 5mb of 150mb internal storage left - when I deleted apps the signals came back and icon is gone.

It looks like most of internal storage is taken up with preinstalled apps, many of which don't interest me. Is there a way to install downloaded apps or move preinstalled apps to the microSD instead of internal storage? I can't find any way and would very much like to have the apps I deleted to recover storage. Would very much appreciate details of what to do since it's all new to me. Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones