• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG optimus one does not support swype text?

I have recently bought an LG Optimus one and things are going good.. But i dont see the swype text option while typing .

Is it a feature provided by android OS itself or by the mobile makers? if this is not supported by LG then can i download it from market?

Also my battery is draining out quickly because of the lot of process running in the back ground. How can i improve my battery life? Even the advanced task killer and the other stuffs does nt seems to be more effective in managing the applications. Can anyone help regarding this?

I have recently bought an LG Optimus one and things are going good.. But i dont see the swype text option while typing .

Is it a feature provided by android OS itself or by the mobile makers? if this is not supported by LG then can i download it from market?

Also my battery is draining out quickly because of the lot of process running in the back ground. How can i improve my battery life? Even the advanced task killer and the other stuffs does nt seems to be more effective in managing the applications. Can anyone help regarding this?
Hi,
As far as taskillers are concerned i would like you to go through this article - Android Task Killers Explained: What They Do and Why You Shouldn't Use Them
In short, taskillers sometimes kill essential CPU cycles or android applications required by the system to work properly. You can do 2 things-go to settings->applications->manage applicatons->running->select the application which is running unnecessarily->force stop. This is the easiest method to prevent an app from using battery and CPU(and better than taskillers). You can also go to settings->about phone->battery use->select an app->force stop.
Note: Rooting is not safe as it can 'brick' your phone.(No recovery,no reboot)

Upvote 0
Hi,
As far as taskillers are concerned i would like you to go through this article - Android Task Killers Explained: What They Do and Why You Shouldn't Use Them
In short, taskillers sometimes kill essential CPU cycles or android applications required by the system to work properly. You can do 2 things-go to settings->applications->manage applicatons->running->select the application which is running unnecessarily->force stop. This is the easiest method to prevent an app from using battery and CPU(and better than taskillers). You can also go to settings->about phone->battery use->select an app->force stop.
Note: Rooting is not safe as it can 'brick' your phone.(No recovery,no reboot)
You can download swype from 'beta.swype.com'

Upvote 0
i have recently bought an lg optimus one and things are going good.. But i dont see the swype text option while typing .

Is it a feature provided by android os itself or by the mobile makers? If this is not supported by lg then can i download it from market?

lg o1 does support swype and i am using it successfully
and neither swype is provided by lg nor by android itself rather its a software provided by swype inc. . You will not be able to find it on market because swype is still in beta stage and for using it you have to apply for beta membership, if confirmed successfully they will enable ou to download and licence swype from beta.swype.com
so go out and apply for beta membership

Upvote 0
Oh well, sorry it didn't help. I cant live without mine. I have big hands and use Hacker's keyboard which gives me a full keyboard in landscape mode, which means the keys are even smaller than the android keyboards.
When using a terminal emulator it keeps me from getting errors in the code.

Upvote 0
@Hershy You must have tried a normal stylus. There are styli(?) available for capacitive screens, like the one the samsung galaxy note has. It doesn't need the warmth of your fingers, it needs a conducting surface so that the capacitance value at the point you touched changes (or something like that). Anyway, swype is free, try it and see if it suits you. Try landscape mode

Upvote 0
Thank for that. I tried a stylus off a Sony Ebook reader but no cigar.
Anyway, in the Language and Keyboard menu there is an option for
LG Keyboard and under Keyboard Layouts I have two live optionsa
Qwert and Phone keypad and three grayed out options which are irrelevant to this discussion. I would assume the Phone keypad would give me the usual phone alpha numeric display but all I get is the qwerty layout.
No matter what I do, I cannot get rid of qwerty.
What to do ?

Upvote 0
I've been using TouchPal Keyboard (available for FREE from Google Play) and I absolutely love it, it's so easy to customize, you can change the emoticons out and teach it new words with a few clicks. Plus I love watching the fun little trail my finger drags around the screen xD Though, that can be turned off. You can also swipe up/down for commonly used numbers and symbols. I just love it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones