• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Optimus One (P504) Questions

I just purchased second hand today the LG Optimus One model number LG-P504 and I just had a few questions since it did not come with an owners manual and I am new to Android itself.

Is the LG Optimus One and the LG Optimus T the same phone?

I realize one is 504 and the other 509, but they look exactly the same and have all the same features seems there is no discernible differences.

The phone currently has Android OS version 2.2.2 and I was wondering if they have released the Gingerbread update for this phone and if I could install it?

I also noticed that it supports the DivX video format and was wondering if I could watch movies that I could transfer from my computer as long as it's DivX format?

I think those are all the questions that I have at this time, but I am sure that I may have more the more I play with the phone itself.

Yes you can put divx movies on your phone from you computer and watch them.
Should be able to upgrade to 2.3.3, or 2.3.4, might depend where you are though. Check the LG site in your location to see if there is an upgrade, or take it to an LG service centre if there is one convenient, there isn't one near me but my understanding is they will upgrade for you if there is one available.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones