LG Optimus Q with Straight TalkGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jaakethesnaake

jaakethesnaake New Member

Great android phone for $179 with unlimited straight talk plan for only $45 per month and no contract....... I cannot believe more people are not getting in on this great deal. :confused:

Advertisement
    imannjr007 likes this.
  2. imannjr007

imannjr007 New Member

Hello, from your name looks like you are a wrestling fan from the era i watched. Jake the Snake was was of my favorites.

where do you go to get info when your phone stumps you? this is one of the short comings of my phone. it is my first venture from the flip phone, and i usually get it figured out..most of the time. mine is a LGL55C, which i guess they all are. I added a app called Easy Battery Saver, which seems to save the quick dying battery.
    Diana2200 likes this.
  3. dancersmom1962

dancersmom1962 New Member

my battery drains after about 4 hours and I barely use phone...any suggestions
  4. Shifted

Shifted Member

Root and then run advanced task killer. Each time the phone boots up it has the following process running:

Voice Dialer
    Clock
    Email
    Camera
    Gmail
    Messaging
    Amazon Appstore*
    Gallery
    Google Search
    Market
    Music
    Pandora*

*I installed these apps myself and even these run on startup

Available Memory
    Before - 279M
    After - 308M

This will do wonders for your battery life.

Also run this periodically throughout the day because anything you open will not go away unless you kill the task.
  5. Davyd0322

Davyd0322 New Member

Ok here my question and im sorry if im posting this in the wrong place couldn't find much info out there on the straight talk optimus Q. But is there any way to make the phone roam or work off Verizon towers, my prevous straight talk phone did but this one doesn't and its reception is horrible. I have tried using apps like roam override and roam control neither work, and im not really sure how to update the PRL's any help would be greatly appreciated.
  6. hotcyclonis

hotcyclonis New Member

how do you root the straight talk lg optimus q. i tried superoneclick but it freezes. anyone know of a good rooting program that will work for it?:confused: