Lg optimus s and easytether after update march 2011Support

Last Updated:

1. knightwolf123

knightwolf123 Well-Known Member

Can anyone confirm or deny that easytether works with the new sprint update issued a few days ago. I know the wifi tether is banned by sprint without paying. But what about easytether.

2. BuckyGrad

BuckyGrad Member

Easytether still works without rooting. I'm using it right now. Cheers!
    star2011 likes this.
  3. knightwolf123

knightwolf123 Well-Known Member

did you recently accept the new update?

mine currently works but i keep putting off the update. i know it kills the backdoor wifi tether. just hoping to heck that it doesnt kill the apps ability to continue wiredtether
    star2011 likes this.
  4. fidodido

fidodido Member

I can confirm that I have the VD update and was able to follow the instructions for EasyTether Lite to setup and use my Optimus S as a network tether.

It's certainly not nearly as convenient as the Wi-Fi tether, but it does work.
    star2011 likes this.
  5. Ivy547

Ivy547 Active Member

@BuckyGrad How did you make it work? I tried but I couldn't get it to even connect.
  6. BuckyGrad

BuckyGrad Member

Knightwolf ~ Yes, I have the recent update installed and usb tethering is still functional.

Ivy ~ Make sure you install EasyTether and the Optimus drivers on your computer. On the phone you want USB debugging selected from Settings -> Applications -> Development.

Hope this helps.
    star2011, Lostatsea32 and horate like this.
  7. horate

horate New Member

easytether work good with the last update from the carrier
  8. chilinski

chilinski Member

I installed it AFTER the latest update and it took a bit of time. It needed the LGMobileUpdate tool to get it to work. After installing that, the drivers finally installed successfully.

I also tried PDANet and that worked, too, after the drivers were installed with LGMobileUpdate. The program is called B2Cappsetup.exe.
  9. User Name:

User Name: Active Member

Is there any way to get the update to stop showing up.i don't plan on updating.
  10. Ez Duzit

Ez Duzit Active Member

When the update reminder pops up there should be 3 buttons. "Install Now" "Install Later" and "More Info". Click on the more info button. Then pull the battery. Wait a minute or so then put the battery back in and turn on your phone. The reminder won't show up anymore.
    Just an fyi, Although this will stop the update reminder, the 12.9mb update file is still on the phone somewhere, but at least you don't have the reminder to deal with anymore.
  11. cavier

cavier Member

Guess I am just an idiot, nothing seems to work. ACK Very annoying.
  12. Mskewlgal

Mskewlgal New Member

I'm so frustrated & hoping someone has solved this problem. I use a Transform & a MacAir computer. On Jan. 27th of 2011, I tried EasyTether Lite & it worked great! Then I bought the full software...still worked great. Used it with no problem for six weeks. At that point, I followed the prompt to update my Android system to 2.2. Now my computer rarely notices the tethered phone. If I turn the phone off & then on, SOMETIMES the EasyTether will connect...for no more than 1-3 minutes. Then, the network connection window on the Mac tells me that "either the USB cord is no longer connected or the device on the other end is not responding."

I've tried: battery in & out, reset to factory specs, debug selected & then not, screen locked awake & then not....all on the phone. On the Mac, I've cleared my plist, caches, & performed a power reset.

The MacAir only has one USB port, & my two other USB items (camera & external HD) show up just fine.

I'd really appreciate any ideas or suggestions. Thanks!
  13. rumplesteelskin

rumplesteelskin Well-Known Member

This is not a transform forum but I read some optimus users saying they had to install phone drivers from lg to get ez teth to work p roperly . We run 2.2 on optimus . So maybe your mac needs the phone drivers for 2'2 .have you tried pdanet or hotspot widget or quicksettings.?
  14. he_slices

he_slices Active Member

shut up! dude i tried to root my phone but it wont take z4root , this was after i was finally able to downgrade it, tough love
  15. andrew1562

andrew1562 New Member

ok im kinda new to this stuff.. but i am having trouble connecting my optimus to a windows 7 laptop.
    I have installed Easytether pro on to my phone and then installed the x64 bit for windows 7 but once i check usb debugging the easytether program on my computer says "No devices to connect to"

Can anyone help me here
  16. he_slices

he_slices Active Member

andrew1562 did u restart the computer after u installed the drivers for the easy tether ?
  17. andrew1562

andrew1562 New Member

yeah, i just tried reinstalling the easytether on my computer and then restarted it but it still says there is no device to connect to....
  18. CarrieK

CarrieK Well-Known Member

You may need to reinstall the LG phone drivers onto your computer. Also, your default drive for external devices may already be in use which may be why the device is not detected even though it may be working properly. So you may want to check that and change if necessary. I've had that happen to me before.
  19. Aristo

Aristo Member

Thanks Ez, worked out for me.
  20. MrNiceGuyCHN

MrNiceGuyCHN New Member

I want to confirm that easytether still works. The setup is relatively easy except for one problem at the end. Apparently LG phones need additional drivers in addition to the original setup package. Here is a helpful video with step-by-step instructions:

YouTube - How to install Easy Tether for Windows

After those steps are done install the LG drivers. Drivers are found here:

Download EasyTether drivers - EasyTether for Mac OS X, Windows, Ubuntu, Fedora and game consoles

After this step, easytether will recognize your lg phone (make sure usb debugging is on)
    star2011 likes this.