• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lg optimus v stuck in boot loop no recovery or emergency mode

1. Install flash image gui

-Go to settings>application>check unknown resources
-Use a file manager (get on from Google Play if you don't have one already) and browse to where you put flash image gui on your sd card>select it>install it. Put all this stuff on your microSD card if you haven't already...
-Open flash image gui and browse to where you put the cannibal recovery, select it, flash it>reboot Make sure non of this stuff was downloaded over 3G, it must be downloaded with wifi, if you haven't you may brick.

Upvote 0
1. Install flash image gui

-Go to settings>application>check unknown resources
-Use a file manager (get on from Google Play if you don't have one already) and browse to where you put flash image gui on your sd card>select it>install it. Put all this stuff on your microSD card if you haven't already...
-Open flash image gui and browse to where you put the cannibal recovery, select it, flash it>reboot Make sure non of this stuff was downloaded over 3G, it must be downloaded with wifi, if you haven't you may brick.
Ok I did that.

Upvote 0
3. go to backup and restore>backup
4. after completion, go back>wipe data/factory reset>yes>wipe cache partition>yes>wipe system,data,cache>yes>advanced>wipe dalvik cach>go back>install zip from sd card>choose zip from sd card>choose wherevever you put backside ROM. Don't forget you need gapps too. Download them from the same page you got backside> flash it the same way you flashed backside. No need to wipe anything this time>flash>reboot> you're done.

Upvote 0
3. go to backup and restore>backup
4. after completion, go back>wipe data/factory reset>yes>wipe cache partition>yes>wipe system,data,cache>yes>advanced>wipe dalvik cach>go back>install zip from sd card>choose zip from sd card>choose wherevever you put backside ROM. Don't forget you need gapps too. Download them from the same page you got backside> flash it the same way you flashed backside. No need to wipe anything this time>flash>reboot> you're done.
SO i factory reset my phone. SO when it saids delete all data I say yes?

Upvote 0
Almost!

1. Power off.
  2. Plug in the USB cable and wait for the charging screen to come on.
  3. Hold the Back Button, Volume Down Button, and the Power Button at the same time.
  4. Let go of all the buttons when you first see the LG logo.

As soon as I put the USB cable, the phone screen shows the LG logo instead of battery charging and then no key combination works to get me into emergency mode. Any tips?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones