Lg Optimus V Wifi problemSupport

1. Rob1109

Rob1109 Member

My LG Optimus v will tune in on any open WiFi, alphabetically. Not to my Wifi only as I would like. How do I get the LG to lock into my Wifi only amd not even look at any others? Thanks in advance.....

Advertisement
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Play Nice~ Moderator

Is it connecting to the others or just seeing them?
  3. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

Try going to: Settings/Wireless and networks/Wi-Fi settings/select your network and type in your network key(password).

If your network is "open" this is bad. You need to set up your network with a security setting of at least WPA-PSK. You can do this by hooking up your PC to the router with an ethernet cable and go to the login site of your router.
    Type in your user name and password. Go to Wireless settings and make the changes to your network. You will have to come up with a network key (password with combination of letters and numbers)

Info for how to login in are in the installation guide that came with your router.
    If your Router came with a setup CD use it.
  4. Rob1109

Rob1109 Member

It keeps dropping my Wifi, which is fully secured, and connecting to another wifi which is unsecured. Can this network see "my stuff"? It also sees other secured networks. My IPad also sees these networks but never drops mine or attempts to connect. Best.
  5. Trip9

Trip9 Active Member

A tool to view your WiFi landscape may help determine the problem. I use WiFi Analyzer. Is your access point on a clear channel or is it swamped out with these other hotspots? If your AP is in a crowded channel, find a clear channel and move it to that channel.
  6. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

Have you tried to ignore the open network?
    This is a strange malfunction (haven't seen this in the year and a half I've been here), but might very well be caused by what Trip9 mentioned.
  7. Trip9

Trip9 Active Member

Any wifi network can see your stuff. Surf smart. Caveat emptor: some vpn software is not your friend.