• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Optimus V won't boot

shanewilley

Lurker
Mar 27, 2015
I have a rooted LG Optimus V that I was attempting to transfer the phone number from and transfer another (already in-use phone number) to it. In the process I have no idea what I did but now when I turn the phone on I get the following:
CMN-based Recovery v4.0.1.5
- reboot system now
- apply update from sdcard
- wipe data/factory reset
- install zip from sdcard
- backup and restore
. . . etc . . .

I have tried to WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET. I seemed to work as it should and performed a reboot. Powered up to the same recovery screen.

I have restored, there was one option (a restoration point I suppose?) which I selected. This also worked as it should. Powered up to the recovery screen.

What have I done?
Can it be fixed?
This phone is almost 4 years old and I was going to pass it down. Should I just toss it and start fresh?

Thanks!

Something isn't quite right here. Have you tried flashing a different recovery? There are a few good choices, like Cannibal or TWRP available for the OV. CWM style recoveries use scripting to automate tasks, and if yours is somehow setting a reboot to recovery script as it reboots, that would explain this behavior. By switching to a different recovery we can eliminate this potential culprit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones