LG Optimus VM Pricing Via Radio Shack - $149General

Last Updated:

1. TVCCS

TVCCS Well-Known Member

Here's what my local Radio Shack store manager in Toledo told me earlier today...he seems to be more in the loop than most of his RS contemporaries on this phone.

The Virgin Mobile Optimus will be known as the Optimus V (for Virgin Mobile)

Pricing will be at $149.99.

The Radio Shack item # is 17-6195. It's not on the public RS site as of yet...I checked.

Specs will be the same as the Sprint Optimus S (per Wikipedia) - The phone's model number will be the LG Optimus VM670.

Release is still expected somewhere around February 1.

Advertisement
  2. matismarley

matismarley Member

Nice news, this phone will sell like hotcakes at that price.
  3. TVCCS

TVCCS Well-Known Member

4. matismarley

matismarley Member

Yeah when I saw that yesterday it was awesome, the only thing I wished was there was a photo on that advertisement so we could see the exact form factor. I'm sure it'll leak in no time.
  5. TVCCS

TVCCS Well-Known Member

Well...looks like you were right...a picture of a Optimus V on a display being built at a local Radio Shack has appeared at Howard Forums...copied here. Looks like it's a plain black shell, but otherwise the same phone. And yes...this is the standard non-functional display.

[​IMG]
  6. dillon4126

dillon4126 Member

Will the screen be glass or plastic, i messed with my friends Lg vortex (verizon version of the optimus) and thouht the screen was fine but not that i figured out the Optimus s has a plastic screen im having doubts about buying the phone.
  7. TVCCS

TVCCS Well-Known Member

All the reports I've seen say the screen is plastic...although few people who have the phone think it's an issue.
  8. gvc

gvc Well-Known Member

9. TVCCS

TVCCS Well-Known Member

LG Optimus V - Android Forums

Now that the phone is a reality (for at least one guy today), I posted the images from Twitpic/Howard Forums over on the phone's page. Hopefully more folks will find them this week and post reviews at the phone's new page.
  10. biggpat86

biggpat86 Well-Known Member

damnit. not even a MONTH after i go out and drop 250 on the intercept.... VM gets yet ANOTHER phone i want. sad day man
  11. harvickchick

harvickchick Well-Known Member

That's cool, I like the physical keyboard though...that's just a touch, right?
    Price is great though
  12. biggpat86

biggpat86 Well-Known Member

i too, throughly enjoy me a physical QWERTY. i have big ass hands. but im getting used to just using the virtual keyboard. i hot swap on my intercept
  13. TVCCS

TVCCS Well-Known Member

Yes...one thing that helps is that the V will handle Swype...which a lot of folks seem to like...but some will have to have a physical kb.
  14. gvc

gvc Well-Known Member

its been confirmed that Radio Shack will have this phone 2/1. also, someone posted at Howard Forums that he bought one already at a Target store. Has anyone confirmed whether or not Best Buy will have this phone in stock Feb 1? I cant get any info from my local store.
  15. TVCCS

TVCCS Well-Known Member

FYI...Radio Shack and some other vendors have a 30-day return policy.