Lg Optiumus M upgraded 2.3General

Last Updated:

1. DevilDarkNero

DevilDarkNero Member

Okay I been have this phone for 1 year now and I'm starting to dislike it now because is out of date version and the latest version is 2.3.4 (not 4.0) and I look it up on lg.com and it say "Andriod

Advertisement
    SoulSERVER7 likes this.
  2. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

4.0 is Ice cream sandwich which you will not see officially on any optimus I would guess.

However 2.3.4 is gingerbread I did not know optimus m had that available. if so that is great
  3. jaysonr35gtr

jaysonr35gtr Guest

Really ??? I'll check the update tool when I get home.
  4. Misleadb4

Misleadb4 Well-Known Member

Just from boredom I used the lg update tool today & it gave me 2.2.2. So ni gingerbread that way. Maybe next update. Lol or not.
  5. pmb116

pmb116 Well-Known Member

Seeing how the Optimus is End of life I seriously doubt official GB will ever happen.
  6. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

unfortunately I agree which sucks stupid metro:p
  7. BrandonOptimus

BrandonOptimus Well-Known Member

We gotta thank Metro for at least giving us the OM ;) And anywho. 2.2.2 is the latest. No 2.3.4 or GB of some sort for the OM....

By 2.3.4 I think he's referring to the new phones coming to Metro. The OM would probably not have the update. Its been about almost 3 weeks after the new year, LG has moved on. Basically the OM is small to them but to us users it is a BIGGIE.
  8. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

No Gingerbread update for the Optimus V either.
    The Optimus S got the upgrade, but it was so messed up even the patches aren't worth flashing. The whole thing seemed pretty pathetic to me.
    Be glad ya'll didn't get any of that.
  9. GrupoSkandalo

GrupoSkandalo New Member

Well, the Android 2.3 Gingerbread does not mix with the 2.2 Froyo installed by LG in the Optimus M.
  10. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

The optimus s gingerbread update was so bad the sprint actually released an official downgrade method on there website. Lol you would download an update.zip and put it on the root of your SD card and boot into stock recovery and flash froyo back... Hahaha
  11. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior Guide

They then rereleased it like half a year later
  12. AndroidMoo

AndroidMoo Well-Known Member

Well, almost all the other optimuses got unofficial ICS. But we have to wait for the devs to port it to the optimus M. There is a port in progress.
  13. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

All because the optimus v and s use the same touchscreen. The m uses a different one (synaptics touchscreen is ours) and no one has been able to rewrite the driver to work with ICS :(
  14. AndroidMoo

AndroidMoo Well-Known Member

The guy at the ICS discussion said he had some drivers but hasn't responded since.
  15. SoulSERVER7

SoulSERVER7 New Member

Thanks for the info. Went to LG.com and can't find 2.3.4 update,can U PLEASE tell me where to find it?
    Thanks Again :)
  16. pmb116

pmb116 Well-Known Member

There will never be an OFFICIAL update. There are some great CM 2.3.7 roms however. I think backside is the most up to date