• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG p500 wifi problem

Welcome to the Android Forums!

When you say it keeps disconnecting, can you please be a bit more specific. Does it disconnect when the screen blanks out? Does it disconnect immediately upon connecting? Or does it disconnect randomly?

One thing you might want to try is to go to App Drawer -> Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> WiFi Settings. Click the menu button and then select Advanced. Click Wi-Fi Sleep Policy and insure that it's set to Never.

Reactions: @__spidy__@
Upvote 0
Hello martimus i am having the same problem and wifi sleep option is already set to "never". It's strange because it was working perfectly 2 days ago but now it shows connecting and then it disconnects and starts to scan again. This procedure is happening with every wifi network i am trying to connect.

Did anthing of significance change with your phone 2 days ago? An update from the carrier? A new app installed on the phone? A suspicious force close message on the phone?

Have you tried rebooting the phone. Sometimes by power cycling the phone you can clear up a quiky issue.

Another thing to try would be to go to the Wireless & Networks app in Settings. Toward the botton of the screen should be an entry called "Manage Networks". Go into that and select the network that's currently not connecting. Instruct the phone to forget that network SSID and then attempt to re-connect to that network. Sometimes I've noticed that re-connecting to the network SSID seems to resolve connection problems.

Upvote 0

Did anthing of significance change with your phone 2 days ago? An update from the carrier? A new app installed on the phone? A suspicious force close message on the phone?

Have you tried rebooting the phone. Sometimes by power cycling the phone you can clear up a quiky issue.

Another thing to try would be to go to the Wireless & Networks app in Settings. Toward the botton of the screen should be an entry called "Manage Networks". Go into that and select the network that's currently not connecting. Instruct the phone to forget that network SSID and then attempt to re-connect to that network. Sometimes I've noticed that re-connecting to the network SSID seems to resolve connection problems.
Hi Martimus,
I have bought LG p500 yesterday & I am facing issue with the WiFi connectivity. My LG p500 is detecting the wifi network (which I am using for my laptop too) but when I try to connect, it says 'obtaining IP address'. After few secs, Wifi will get disconnected & starts re-scanning.

I have tried to add the network manually with no success. ( I have set the Wifi sleep policy to 'Never')

What could be the problem...?

TIA,

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones