LG P970: how to uninstall stock apps?Support

Last Updated:

1. marceloaguiar

marceloaguiar Member

Hey, guys,

I noticed that my phone is getting slower and slower... and there are a lot of apps that I really don't want (and they keep starting), like "myspace for lg".
    Well, if I long press the app 's icon, it won't give me the option to uninstall it.

Is it possible to uninstall these apps?

Plus, another thing: when I uninstall an app, does it remain on my phone? If so, where is it stored , so I can remove it?

Thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. Chadtheguru

Chadtheguru Member

3. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

Try going into your settings/applications/manage aplications/click on an app and select "clear cache". Do this with every app, including the browser(especially the browser).
    You can go to the market and find a cache cleaner that does all this. They usually don't clear download history and the browsing history though. It's best to do this in the browsers settings.
  4. marceloaguiar

marceloaguiar Member

Well, I have Go TaskManager installed and those apps are on my black list -- every 30 minutes the phone automatically closes those apps.
    But they keep starting, it's so annoying. :S
  5. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

Task manager's/killers and battery savers are a waste of time, and phone space. I have had an android phone for 1 year. I did the whole task manager/killer batery saver apps. Found out how the 2.2 androids actually operate's and deleted them.
    Just get a widget app. Set up a widget for each of these: Auto sync, WiFi, 3G, GPS, Bluetooth, screen brightness, and screen time out interval. Turn everything off until you need it. Turn down the screen brightness to just what you can see. Turn the timeout to 1 minute.
    When I'm at 100% when I go to bed with the phone on (screen off), I'm still at 100% when I get up. I can go for 6 hours with solid screen on web browsing (better than the laptop I had).
    The apps you think are running are not. There just in a reserve status, waiting to be called into action. If you really have a rouge app you will see it in the settings/about phone/battery usage. You end up using more battery trying to kill apps that where designed to be simply waiting in the wings.
  6. redvet

redvet Member