• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG P990 Optimus 2x screen timeout problem

hi, does anyone have the following problem with LG Optimus 2x (android 2.2) or know how to solve it?
After I did the factory data reset I cannot control the phone brightness and screen timeout. When I go to settings-display: the brightness and screen timeout options are not active. I can control the brightness only through the power control widget. The screen times out now after 2 minutes and there is no way to set up the timeout to longer or shorter time (e. g. 3 min. or 30 s.).

The problem appears only at the first start of the phone or after a hadware reset if no sim is present.
Once you have inserted the sim card the brightness and timeout menu will remain active even if you remuve the sim
They are also other bugs regarding the screen; for exemple ;
I set the backlight on minimum and after that I set again to automatic and in the camera mode I notice that the backlight remains on minimum.
First time when I notice this I belived that is a HW problem on the phone but aftet a closer look I notice that in the camera mode the auto backlight is not worcking.
Even the backlight is set to auto in camera mode , the backlight will be afected by where you let the cursor on manual seting.
Anyway this are minor bugs.
The Hardware of the phone is excelent but LG rushed with launching this product and the software is with many bugs.
Hopefully LG will solve some of the bugs in future SW up-grades.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones