LG PC Suite - Thoughts?General

1. technomad

technomad Member

I've had my Optimus 2x 9 days and as it was my first Smartphone I was pretty much blown away having so much functionality and power in such a small device. I used to own a Palm T3 PDA. Well after the initial euphoria has now receded I've started to notice all the things I'm not sure I like.

First up:The PCSuite is written in flash meaning it is oh so slow. I'm not sure yet but it seems contacts and calendar events are either synced with PCSuite or Google and not both. I am often travelling in places without internet access and so would like to be able to see my calendar on my netbook whilst offline, I know I can still see things on my phone but a bigger screen makes things much easier to see and edit.

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

What do you use as your calendar? If you use google it works fantastically!
  3. BatfinkUK1

BatfinkUK1 Well-Known Member

If you use Google as your main calender then you can use the "view offline" feature to view your appointments on your netbook. I haven't tried it but it looks like a possible solution.:)
  4. sanibel

sanibel Well-Known Member

I am syncing my calendar/contacts/emails with two sources (Google and Microsoft Exchange) without any problems. I also "merge" the calendars and contacts to avoid duplicates.
  5. technomad

technomad Member

Well I found out that when you create a new contact on the phone you can choose whether it is a Gmail or PCSuite contact. I guess this is good enough. I hope they rewrite the suite in C++ at some point because it is still so slow.