LG Revolution Root: The Windows ADB Way

1. Rav20

Rav20 Well-Known Member

ok when i type adb shell i get the $ sign and i do the adb usb then adb root it says " adbd can not run root in produstion builds

anyone?
  2. stetsonaw

stetsonaw Well-Known Member

after you put in "adb usb", just try "adb shell" and see if you get the #.
  3. Rav20

Rav20 Well-Known Member

nope all i get SU: permission denied
  4. stetsonaw

start back at the top re-pushing and rerunning the rage script.
  5. Haxcid

Haxcid Well-Known Member

Make sure you followed each step exactly. Make sure you were in internet mode as well.
  6. Rav20

Rav20 Well-Known Member

yeah i've tried restarting from the top over and over and still getting the same error

and im internet mode

edit: nvm got it not sure what i did different but i got it this time
  7. stetsonaw

awesome, glad you got it! If you do figure out what the problem is, post it up just in case anybody else has the issue!
  8. Ehhhhh... I had my Droid for a year and a half and loved it... never felt the need to root it but will all the Bloatware on the Revo I may just do it but I'm scared that I'll be the one to brick my device. I want to root my droid first to get some experience.

If I get brave I'll be back but thank you for the walk-through.
  9. stetsonaw

sure thing! Make sure you root the D1 the long way, not the one click way, if you want to gain the experience to do your Revo.
  10. SO... I got a wild hair up my ass because I was bored at work today and I managed to not Brick my phone... I have Superuser but I'm not sure what else to do with my rooted phone.
  11. Haxcid

Haxcid Well-Known Member

Get titanium backup and freeze the apps you don't want or use. You cant even tell bing is on my phone with out digging deep.

Welcome to root.
  12. kramerica

kramerica Well-Known Member

Dude! That's awesome! Welcome to the root woot woot!
  13. I got titanium backup (free version) and am busy uninstalling all the crappy crap like Rockband and TuneWiki. TuneWiki might even be a decent app but the icon makes me want to punch babies in the throat.
  14. stetsonaw

Awesome! Well done!
    unless you hit the hard search key and nothing happens, lol!

btw, working with xeodoxus to deodex this thing right now, so it'll be ready once a custom recovery is made.

lookatthat! i don't even have the phone anymore but can't help working on it, lol. There are a couple apps i want, the deskclock (alarm clock) is the main one, i like having to do the puzzle before i can snooze it.
    Mominator likes this.
  15. stetsonaw

hey now, i haz a baby, lol!

Be careful what you uninstall, i would recommend buying TiBu so you can just freeze stuff. since we can't get into recovery atm, it'd be bad if you make your phone unusable, as there is no way to put it back to stock. Factory restore only works [properly] if the system files aren't modified/deleted.
  16. *quickly restores all the un-installed apps he removed*

Luckily I backed up everything before uninstalling. I'll get TiBu and freeze all the annoying crap.

@stetsonaw if you don't have the phone anymore, what do you have?
  17. stetsonaw

Thunderbolt. I can't have a stock phone... it's not in my nature. Good part is, I just helped Xeudoxus get xUltimate updated to work with the Revo for deodexing... so once we have clockwork, it can be themed! Ya know, until custom roms come out.
    kramerica likes this.
  18. kramerica

Violent this afternoon? Luckily for the baby throat punching, there is an appreciate for that.
  19. kramerica

Thank you Stetson! Huskers rule!

Also, since you've gone this far - come back!
  20. stetsonaw

LOL, autocorrect fail!

And no prob Cosmo!
  21. kramerica

Son of a ......
  22. I'm not entirely sure what I did but now my Revo doesn't seem to want to boot. It does the LG Logo then the animated techno Logo then it goes to a black screen and it just vibrates sporadically. I did freeze some applications using TiBu and prevented some apps from loading on boot using *insert app here once I find the name on Android Central*

Is there a way to boot it into Recovery or Safe mode to disable this or remove the block?
  23. stetsonaw

Hold down the power and volume buttons when you boot up. This will take you to "recovery mode". From there follow the prompts to factory reset. Be careful what you freeze bro.

If there was a way to get into the REAL recovery mode, I would still have the revo.
  24. Is there a specific time frame that you need to hold the buttons? I hold all three down until the animation starts and nothing changes
  25. stetsonaw

Sorry, meant power and volume down. Start with the phone off then do it and hold it until you get to recovery. Look for of revolution recovery mode on youtube, and I put up a bid a while back.
    Joseph the Red likes this.