Lg shine custom roms not working

1. Sotoboy

Sotoboy Member

So ive tried the instructions on the "Custom ROMs on the Shine Plus are finally here!" multiple times and i get access denied or nothing works. i just wanna get a freaking rom working on my phone someone help please?

Advertisement
    :
  2. 350Rocket

350Rocket Well-Known Member

The instructions work. Your likely making an error somewhere along the way like i was when i first had some trouble. I watched some youtube videos about rooting and installing custom roms too however there are a few different methods. The thing is if you mess up you could possibly brick your phone so if you aren't that comfortable with it maybe its better left alone.
  3. 350Rocket

Btw if you want help you should give the exact errors you are getting where you are stuck. "Nothing works" isn't going to help anyone troubleshoot it for you.
  4. dsi

dsi Active Member

Exactly. If you provide details as to what you typed, what output you saw on the screen, etc., then we can help.

BTW I just got a private message from you saying that you typed "shit" on the screen and nothing was working... well, that doesn't help me, does it? :) If you think it's shit, then it's probably not worth your time. Otherwise, chalk it up as an opportunity to learn Android/Linux/etc.
  5. Sotoboy

Sotoboy Member

the "shit" i typed = the codes the thread told me to type into my terminal emulator, the specific codes are the ones on the "custom roms for the lg shine finally here" i followed every direction to the tee multiple times and either nothing happens when i enter in the commands, or it says permission to flash image is denied. i typed everything correctly exactly as prompted and looked over it several times for errors before i pressed enter and still nothing.
  6. 350Rocket

Do you have superuser permission as in root access?