LG SHine Plus Battery LifeSupport

Last Updated:

1. canaduh69

canaduh69 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi!

I am desperately looking for some help here on how to extend the battery life of my Shine Plus. I have tried everything I have read in these forums but nothing has helped.
    I tried the airplane mode fix, changing networks(Telus doesnt use GSM?)
    deleting aps, adding aps like Memory Booster, turnung display right down. I tried them all.

DOes anyone know if LG has an extended battery yet?

This is so frustrating that I am thinking of returning the phone to get the Blackberry Torch because the battery lasts longer. I don't want to have to keep plugging my phone in and I dont want to be a slave to the charger either. My last LG Shine flip had an extended battery and I could talk for 8 hours on that. I cant even talk for 2 hours on this one.

This is 2010, batteries should last, I dont want to give up my android but I need reliability, my job depends on it and at least Blackberry lasts.

Please folks, any help you can give would be appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. thunder27

thunder27 New Member

Keep in mind your old Shine phone was just that a phone.....This Shine Plus has so much more on it that the battery will only last a max of 8 hrs. I have it as well as the HTC Desire and by far the battery is much better on the Shine.

I am going to ask the same questions, Is wifi/bluetooth on or off, Do you charge the device with a car charger as this will only serve as a quick charge, and are you using the PUSH messaging?

Any of the above will destroy your battery...

3. Smoked

Smoked Well-Known Member

My wife's had the Shine Plus for just over a week now and I have to say i'm really impressed with the battery life. I have an X10 and granted I play around a bit more on mine but her battery life is definitely better. She forgets to charge it many nights and hasn't had any issues yet. She mostly uses it to talk, facebook, text and some email. She leaves wifi off as well as gps. I haven't even had to load up juice defender for her yet lol