LG Spectrum 2General

1. kruzz902

kruzz902 Member

So the Spectrum 2 recently leaked for Verizon and I was wondering if they would upgrade Spectrum users with the Spectrum 2 when replacing phones through insurance. That's how I got my Spectrum in the first place because I originally had the Revolution and it got damaged so they replaced it with a Spectrum. So back to the question, whenever the Spectrum 2 comes out, you think they would do the same for current spectrum users?

Advertisement
    :
  2. nickg2

nickg2 Member

3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

I'd actually be surprised if Verizon got the Spectrum 2 AND the Optimus VU. They're certainly very different, just would be interesting.
  4. admiral ackpoux

admiral ackpoux Well-Known Member

The spectrum 2 as well as the VU are both set to come out for VZW

LG Optimus Vu for Verizon Pictured in the Wild – Droid Life

The link shows here it's ready to go with VZW branding and all but release date on both devices are still up in the air. ICS for the OG Spectrum(can't believe we can use that term already), will hopefully be right around the corner. Will probably hit when it does for the Rezound or if nto shortly after simply because the Rezound had more advertising and was closer to a flagship for VZW IMO. Only time will tell, but other than design, internal memory, and the .2" of screen, they are pretty much the same phone. Just have to wait and see
  5. Lightswarm

Lightswarm Well-Known Member

Spectrum 2? Well that's most certainly interesting. But I feel that both Spectrums are still pretty nice phones. LG should've packed the new one with a quad core processor. So that way they don't only have their Optimus 4x HD to compete with S3.

Ehh I'm not even hoping for ICS right now. I'd rather think that it'll come in a months time. Until then, outdated software it is!
  6. jlove1974

jlove1974 Active Member

Meh, looks like a RAZR to me, with a .2 inch bigger screen, same amount of ram and same CPU speed. Definitely not worth to upgrade to from a spec, and if I were it would be to a Galaxy SIII. Bring on ICS and the roms to follow....
  7. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

well I can say this you guys are lucky :D my ZTE warp will never see an official ICS the only way will be with AOSP ICS or CM9 seeing as i'll be recieving this phone very soon i am looking forward to the ICS update to bring you guys a excellent ROM :D
    PinkyTheDevil and Lightswarm like this.
  8. neilster1

neilster1 New Member

I seriously doubt you'd see a spectrum replaced with the 2, insurance or not.
  9. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

So it's this phone with ICS, NFC and a screen interface like the gnex and razr. Not impressed. I would have thought they'd increase the ram or cpu.
  10. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

they did ;) just not the cpufreq ;)
  11. ups2525

ups2525 Well-Known Member

The Spec 2 undoubtedly will come pre loaded with 4.0 and in regards to the hardware the Spec 2 is rumored to be similar to our beloved Spec. If this proves to be true will it be possible to simply pull ICS from the Spec 2 and load it on our Spec's???
  12. IMUcarmen

IMUcarmen Well-Known Member

it does have different hardware though. It has an s4 cpu and probably a different gpu as well.
  13. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

It will either have the ardeno225 or ardeno320 depending on which msm8960 chip.

8960 has ardeno225 8960T has ardeno320. I'm gonna say its the 8960 with ardeno225.

Spectrum has ardeno220

Regardless of it being the same series i can almost guarantee you it will have newer GPU blobs
  14. MrDangerous

MrDangerous Well-Known Member

At least not yet, my bro-in-law just got his Thunderbolt replaced with a Rezound when is LCD started flaking out.