LG SPIRIT 4G (MS870) expozed!!General

Last Updated:

1. Johnny Crapple

Johnny Crapple Well-Known Member

Unless they make a 2init recovery like we have for the motion and cm10 with a locked bootloader.

Sent from my typewriter.

Advertisement
  2. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

you mean, hope that there is someone who knows how to do all of that on a device that is very similar so that it can be ported over?
  3. 1Andrew

1Andrew Active Member

Hmm, my esteem is rooted, but that's about it since I just used it only for normal phone usage and wifi tethering. Hopefully someone skilled would be able to figure things out for the Spirit. If not then it looks like I'll be paying $10 more a month for tethering lol. :(
  4. Johnny Crapple

Yes that's what I meant, and I was saying that just because it has a locked bootloader doesn't necessarily mean you are screwed out of those things.

When I said like we have I wasn't implying that I had anything to do with that just saying that's what we have for the phone,I know how it looked.
    Sent from my typewriter.
  5. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

oh no you misunderstood man. my point is teh only reason you guys even have recovery let alone a booting cm10 rom is cuz you had a similar device to just take teh devs work from. what if that phone was completely different? or that guy never made it in teh first place. my point is you shouldnt place bets on hopeing that development might grow thanks to some other phone somewhere hopefully... you guys lucked out and hopefully it all works out great :)

as soon as hroark gets a chance ill be looking over a few things t9o see if i can help yall too, not promising anything buty might fix mms and lte
  6. Johnny Crapple

I know you weren't saying anything I just reread my post and it kinda sounded funny. It would be awesome to get help on lte and messaging. On the messaging I was receiving but couldn't send, and on the lte in the settings it says iccid unknown I don't know if that helps just a couple things to note.

Sent from my typewriter.
  7. Mmazz

Mmazz Well-Known Member

According to owners manual, it has a flash.
  8. njking25

njking25 Well-Known Member

Oh god I'm so excited for this Phone.:) I hope its $200 down and not with a Mir.its pretty Mich between getting this phone and a HP pro book for my bday.:)
  9. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

2 days till the 18th :D
  10. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Could be a couple days after too
  11. trigger1074

trigger1074 Well-Known Member

Well I can confirm its not available in BP to order. Not that means it wont be available Friday..but a good indicator it wont.
  12. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

FWIW, Metro just broadcasted the Motion deal today on Facebook. I would expect them to let that deal run at least a couple weeks before introing the Spirit to knock down their in stock numbers of Motions first.

But I'm just thinking out loud too. :rolleyes:

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  13. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Someone said that deal was supposed to last till March already :p
  14. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

The training for it should be kicking in this Friday or Monday expect it soon after that
  15. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

I know that.

I was mainly speaking of the Motion sale relative to WHEN the Spirit comes out. (If the Spirit is $200, that's IMO going to suck a lot of the Motion sales away even at $100 out of pocket. As arguably their #2 phone since last August, I would think Metro has (had) a sizable number of them in stock.)

I think I've read a couple Metro people here say the Motions were flying off the shelves. IMO, that's good news for the Spirit release.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  16. allmanallpimp

allmanallpimp Well-Known Member

I was referring to not losing my old plan I have (which is no longer available,) and not paying $10/month for it... I only use it if I go to a client's house/business with internet issues... It doesn't happen too often, not often enough to pay that is for sure...
  17. Johnny Crapple

You don't have to pay..... :p

Sent from my typewriter.
  18. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

You can use the stock tether app the same way you would any other hotspot app. The tethering app doesn't know if you have the plan or not
  19. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Of course the Motions are flying off the shelves :p
    It's only $50!!!!! :eek: That's insanely cheap for any new smartphone (unless it's Huawei :rofl: )
  20. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Got it to stick but my 3G speeds decreased by like 1200kbps and my 4G decreased by about 1mbps
    [​IMG]
  21. Sepero

Sepero Linux Guru

Gman9831 you sold your Motion??? Traitor! lol
  22. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

I think he sold it 2-3 months ago :p he still helps around the Motion forums :thumbup:
  23. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Lol I sold it & bought the S3 the week before Christmas.

Still know most of that phone like the back of my hand though
  24. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

still have mine but i did try to sell it.
  25. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

Ahh ok but don't worry that wasn't final version ill keep ya updated.
    johnnyolivares, sammyz and twogbsd like this.