LG SPIRIT 4G Screen Shots - Video Reviews - ContentGeneral

1. GameTheory

GameTheory Well-Known Member

Here are some screen shots, reviews, and content.
    I will be adding more content from time to time, so check back. Also don't forget to share your own content and screen shots.

Screen Shots - click here

MOTION vs SPIRIT vs SGS3 - Benchmark
    LG Motion Vs. LG Spirit Vs. Samsung S3 Benchmark Test - YouTube

He states wrong ram amount, but good video review:
    LG Spirit 4g Review Metro pcs - YouTube

Temple Run 2 - gaming video review on the Spirit:
    LG Spirit 4g HD Gaming Temple Run 2 Metro pcs - YouTube

I really like this phone. It's so thin and light, and the screen is beautiful. When I compare it to my sgs3, it holds up to it easily (i.e. performance & plenty features), which is pretty impressive for its price range.

For those focused on the sgs3 having 1gig more ram... It hasn't made any difference for me. The spirit hasn't lagged on anything I've thrown at it (i.e. gaming and multi-tasking). As far as the camera, pictures are good in adequate lighting, and in low lighting with some settings adjustment pics are decent.

Now that we have root and recovery, the phone is even better. You have even more freedom to make it your own. :cool:

LG Spirit 4G MS870 Technical Specifications | LG USA

LG LGMS870 Support: Find Manuals & Warranty Info | LG USA

Enjoy your LG Spirit 4G. :D :thumbup:

Advertisement
    alfick3 likes this.
  2. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

after having the Esteem and the great team over there, I'm really missing root and a Custom Rom from Ldrifta
  3. GameTheory

Hell Yeah. Totally wit you on that. I hope LDrifta gets this phone and brings some #2 love over here. LOL
  4. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

I was watching the S3 forum a bit, and I remember seeing him over there.
  5. GameTheory

I noticed, but I want to stay away from that forum so I don't get tempted to tinker with my s3. That's what the spirit is for. LOL

I'm sure myself or someone else will ask him eventually if he'll be deving the spirit. Fingers crossed. :D
  6. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

got to get a root for this thing first.
  7. alfick3

Yeah, they've got some really nice dev'ing going on over there. I really wanted to get that phone, but couldn't stomach the price; even though I think the price is worth it. I'm waiting on my tax refund to get my wife and I new phones. I'm a gonna get the Spirit and she'll probably get the Motion.
  8. alfick3

I noticed in your screen shots that there's an app called backup. What does it back up? Where to? Internal or External SD?
  9. GameTheory

I'm glad you mentioned it. That app is pretty awesome.
    It comes with the phone and can backup:
    Home screens
    settings
    applications
    contacts

You can backup to internal or external and even use schedules.

I added three screenshots of the app to the link in the OP.
  10. quechon

quechon Well-Known Member

Can a dev check what that backup app does to get access to the root of the phone that could be the answer to get root
  11. Spdfreak34

Spdfreak34 Well-Known Member

This x 1000. I believe the backup app is what was exploited to root the motion, but it doesn't work anymore.
  12. quechon

quechon Well-Known Member

Maybe there is something different in the apk but i believe thats still the spirit weak side
  13. Iddoom3

Iddoom3 Well-Known Member

I'm really thinkin bout buying this phone. I just want to see what kind of attn it gets from the devs first. One thing I really don't like bout Metro is da bloat! WireflyDOTcom currently has the LG Spirit for $239.00 (free ship) less Metros $70.00 rebate...

Own one for $169.00. That's a sweet deal :)
  14. Spdfreak34

Spdfreak34 Well-Known Member

I don't think you get the rebate if you buy from wirefly.
  15. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

from the looks of it, this phone as good as it is. isn't going to get much attention, and maybe not get rooted. Most people are bent on getting the SGS3
  16. GameTheory

Ok so I've been tinkering with the camera, and it's actually not bad.
    Just need to adjust settings.
    In camera app go to settings/scene mode/select smart shutter this works pretty good in low lighting
    Always make sure auto focus and auto flash is on.
    And if not needed bring zoom all the way down.
    Smart shutter always disables upon closing camera app so its a good idea to place the shortcut to scene mode on the quick bar. ;)

P.S.
    I'm making a tutorial on how to mount this phone on ubuntu 12.04 & 12.10.
    If you guys need it let me know otherwise I'll post it when more people get this phone.
    LeeoJohnson and alfick3 like this.
  17. alfick3

That would be great! I have 12.04 LTS on my home computer.
  18. GameTheory

No Problem. I'll post it in about 15 minutes on the main thread. I'll let you know. ;)
  19. GameTheory

20. GameTheory

We should be patient with root. The phone has only been out for a week.
    For now we should focus on bringing more attention to this phone.
    There has been root for most LG phones like the Motion & Esteem which this phone is much better than.

Also this phone is doing well in sales. It has been sold out at a lot of metro stores.
    Where I purchased, I got 1 of 2 left. This is a positive sign for us.

I purchased this phone expecting to wait 1-2 months for root, and I'll continue to be patient... I'm sure good things will come. ;)

Someone mentioned previously, he might get this phone to help with root (I wont put him on blast). :D:p
  21. GameTheory

Here's a look at the LG ON-SCREEN PHONE feature in action with the SPIRIT 4G, and the Windows app download.

Make sure to go to settings/pc connection/usb connection type/select LG software

This is pretty awesome for screencasting tutorials on youtube. :cool:

Thanks to Spdfreak34 for pointing this feature out on the phone.

Enjoy :thumb:

Latest LGOSP Download for Windows

I've only tried this on windows 7

Attached Files:

alfick3 likes this.
  22. alfick3

Thanks. I was just (well, last night before I went to bed) asking about this.
    GameTheory likes this.
  23. Iddoom3

Iddoom3 Well-Known Member

I purchased the indulge and the esteem from wireflyDOTcom cause they were waay cheaper, downloaded the rebate forms for both phones, submitted all info required and bam! Got both rebates. Unless metro changed their policy, I don't see why you wouldn't get ur rebate... Just gotta read the fine print ;)
  24. GameTheory

The Spirit streams to the TV via PS3 flawlessly... I've been using it without a hitch.

In-action pics below

Here's how it works.
    ---Go to market and install iMediaShare.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/...lt#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5iaWFub3IuYW1zIl0.
    ---Connect phone to home network
    ---Open iMS app and swipe all the way to the right... You can skip login... Now put phone down.
    ---Your PS3 can be connected to your network via wired or wifi... Doesn't matter.
    ---On PS3 make sure media server is enabled, then go to video/search for media servers
    Bam.. your in. Enjoy :D

***Tips***
    ---The back arrow closes app completely and disconnects from PS3, but if you hit the home button it stays connected and you can do anything on your phone while still streaming.
    ---Your PS3 can be connected wired or wireless, it doesn't matter (wired is best).

Attached Files:

horsecharles, ABassLineLow and bnb25 like this.
  25. GameTheory

Sup everyone.
    Was wondering what browser you guys/gals are using on the spirit, and what you recommend.
    I'm currently using chrome but considering something else.

Thanks