LG Thrill 4G - At&t's 3D SmartphoneGeneral

Last Updated:

1. JerminS

JerminS New Member

Looks like LG's Optimus 3D smartphone will be called the Thrill 4G in the US at AT&T, where it'll have 4G support

Rockinfigs likes this.
  2. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

If the UI has the same features of the LG 2X, has decent battery life, (I am glad some other chips besides Tegra 2 are coming out now, now we can have some real battery life comparisons with dual core vs. dual core.) this should be a decent phone.

I might be in the minority but I dont mind UI's on Android. And I liked what I saw with the UI on the 2X. It will hopefully have HDMI mirroring like the 2X. Something Motorola dropped the ball on with the Atrix. That article said the chip is made by Samsung. I think thats wrong. It has the same gpu as the Samsung Hummingbird, but I believe it has the OMAP chip made by Texas Instruments.

This phone, the Atrix, the other upcoming phones for AT&T or that can work on AT&T, plus the fact that AT&T works better where I live now compared to Verizon?

They will have a new customer soon..
  3. jinwons

jinwons Well-Known Member

I'm pretty much in the same boat with you as well as other folks with VZW on this forum. I'm unhappy with the way they are handling android lineup this year ever since they got iPhone4 while AT&T-mobile are getting stronger and stronger in android nearly every month with phones like this. They are too slow, too little on android. I should applaud LG for their efforts to make serious android phones this year from nearly zero presence last year. New great phones from HTC, Motorola seem to be going to AT&T-mobile first as well.

My living area is covered pretty well by all four major carriers, so switching it is no big issue. My concern on it is when I travel through rural areas. I had good cell experience with VZW when traveling, but not sure of other GSM carriers.
  4. ATT is only gonna get stronger in android with the tmobile purchase
  5. Kuhns787

Kuhns787 Well-Known Member

Do we know yet if this phone has a call/message led indicator?
  6. bbabiuk

bbabiuk Member

Does anyone know if this phone suffers from the same issues the LG optimus 2x suffers from with the random lockup/reboots?
  7. maerlim

maerlim Well-Known Member

8. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Well-Known Member

Once this phone drops to AT&T, it will be interesting to see how it performs. Droid Bionic on VZW seems to get the same processor as Thrill but with 1Gb ram.
  9. coolio86

coolio86 Well-Known Member

The phone hits stores on the 27th. Just my guess.
  10. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I'm just waiting for this phone to drop. I'll be ordering it from amazing. Hopefully it'll be out by next week. That way I can take some 3D photos at seaworld and legoland.
  11. maerlim

AT&T releases phones on Sundays. I'm guessing the 31st, the same day as that concert promotion.
  12. HavoCentral

HavoCentral Member

I currently have a Captivate running Serendipity 6.4. But I really want this phone, but am not sure if it is worth it after ATT adds bloatware and non market apps blocking. Will custom roms and rooting be available for this phone? and will some of them run 2.3?
  13. maerlim

The Optimus 3D already has root available. You can fix bloatware and non-market-app with root, don't need a custom rom. By the way, AT&T doesn't disable non-market-apps anymore.