LG Thrill 4G Stuck at LG logo screenSupport

Last Updated:

1. inn2pink

inn2pink New Member

Hi, I am new to this stuff and committed the cardinal sin. No viable back up. I recently rooted this phone and was exploring Busy Box and Rom Manager. Now I believe what I did next was clicked on a default setting in Rom Manager (fix permissions) the screen flashed and code began filling the screen. I stopped this, rebooted. My icons had shrunk and there was zero text. When I tried the hard reset it became stuck at the LG screen.

Advertisement
  2. Brazbit

Brazbit Member

I have no experience with rooting phones or the programs in question but it sounds like you are going to have to reset to factory defaults. I had to do this the other day due to the phone being stuck at the AT&T Rethink Possible screen. It sucked to lose data but at least the reset and recovery was simple enough.

If you can't find any other recovery method, the steps below should get the phone functional again, although you will lose data.

http://www.lgforum.com/forum/boards/carriers/at-and-t/topics/my-brand-new-lg-thrill-has-power-off-slash-power-on-issues
    inn2pink likes this.
  3. inn2pink

inn2pink New Member

Well it seems I have really screwed the pooch on this one. No problems pulling up Android system recovery <3e>, however as it attempts to reboot the following command lines appear: E:Can't mount CACHE:recovery/command E:Can't mount CACHE: recovery/log E:Can't open CACHE:recovery/log.
  4. Brazbit

Brazbit Member