LG Thrill Delayed AGAIN!!! "Sept 4"General

1. illegalblaq

illegalblaq Active Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

i'm just about to give up on this phone. Third delay is way to much!!!
  3. bigjerries

bigjerries Well-Known Member

well this sux. The delay better be cuz they are putting 2.3 on it or working out the bugs. :(
  4. illegalblaq

This really puts them in danger of this being a hot seller for them, Samsung is officially announcing there US Galaxy S2 phones on August 29th and once a firm release date is set people may decide to wait for the phone. Not to mention Sept 4th is probably dangerous close to the release date for AT&T's Galaxy S2. Should have release this phone, locked them into contracts and laughed about it over dinner....o well LG lol
  5. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I'm hoping 2.3 is the issue too. Whatever it is I'm almost 99% sure it's at&t decision
  6. Gil de Piento

Gil de Piento Member

I preordered from Radio Shack and today I received a courtesy call stating that the Thrill won't be available until September 15th. Needless to say I'm just going to wait for the S2.
  7. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I preordered to but haven't received a phone call. So it's September 15tu now? WTF!!!
  8. Gil de Piento

Gil de Piento Member

According to Radio Shack I preordered from, the date is the 15th. I'm going to give them a call and see if they have any information as to why it was delayed again.
  9. Gil de Piento

Gil de Piento Member

Ok I just called Radio Shack and now they have told me that the date is indeed the 4th. Apparently the date was pushed from 8/21 to 9/15 and then back to 9/4. They were given no information as to why it was pushed back again.
  10. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Wow.....I just wish AT&T or LG would step up to the plate and give us a brief detail on why so many delays.
  11. Gr8Danes

Gr8Danes Well-Known Member

Shhhhhh.........if you listen close enough, you can hear the faint sound of money being handed to other phone carriers and makers. (and some crickets chirping in this forum)

Man, this is not "Thrilling" by any means. I better go back to bed. Yawn.......:rolleyes:
  12. Gr8Danes

Not gonna be this weekend I guess. I was just at Target and stopped by the electronics isle and asked the phone sales guy there about the Thrill and if it was going to be released Sunday. He said "no" and that he only has the dummy unit so far. No actual inventory. Makes me think that maybe they are having shipment issues and thus the holdup. :(
  13. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Look what came in the mail in anticipation for tomorrows would of been release. I'm hoping the P990 will fit. Supposible they fit the P990 & 3D P920 which I'd the GX2 and Optimus 3D.

[​IMG]
  14. Gr8Danes

Should we all call our local AT&T stores again tomorrow when they open? :D

Highly doubt them having them, but since they haven't officially announced that it is going to be pushed to the 4th, it's worth a shot I guess. Maybe they will just be sick enough of hearing from me that they will just give me one early. LOL
  15. Gil de Piento

Gil de Piento Member

I'm beginning to think that these delays have to do with the new rumored release date of 8/28 for the GS2 on AT&T... Why not release the more anticipated/more expensive phone first? I feel like if that date I true, releasing the Thrill first would take buys away from the GS2. If anyone else feels like I do and doesn't want to pay $199-$249 on contract for a phone, a comparable phone can be had for $80 in the Thrill. From my point of view it makes more sense for them to release the GS2 first and see how many impatient people they can get to buy it. I think that's the reason for the delays. Release the cheaper phone after everyone has gone out and bought the GS2 already. Does that make sense to anyone else?
  16. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Makes sense but samsung isn't getting my money this time. I'll wait for the 4.5 quad core sammy GS 3
  17. Gil de Piento

Gil de Piento Member

I'll be sticking with the Thrill too, especially if the hardware in the US version of the GS2 is different (not as good) in comparison with the international version, which is also rumored.
  18. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

If your statement u mentioned above about delays because of GS2 released first is true, can u imagine if the galaxy was pushed back. Another delay for the Thrill?
  19. Gr8Danes

Engh........same ol' story. Called my local store again for the hell of it, she said they don't even have stock yet. Said that probably in 2-3 weeks. :mad:

She did acknowledge that the date had been delayed and was supposed to have launched by now. At least someone fessed up.
  20. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

If it gets delayed again I might as well wait on the HTC holiday.
  21. Gr8Danes

Target ad has it in it, but says it's not available due to "Manufacturing Delays".
  22. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

It's gotta be 2.3
  23. Gil de Piento

Gil de Piento Member

I suppose having 2.3 out of the box would be nice but it would be nicer if they could give us some details.
  24. Gr8Danes

Not that I would read much into it, but when I was at Target again today, I stopped by the electronics section to do some more questioning. The lady there said that they just got their demo unit the other day, and she expects to see the product come in this weekend for sale (so Sunday or Monday). Not planning on holding my breath, but sure hoping she is right. I can't take any more delays. :(
  25. illegalblaq

I have a friend that works at radioshack who said they got a phone call today (August 25) confirming that Sept 4 they will be selling the LG Thrill. I can imagine AT&T will be announcing it officially by next monday. As much as I want gingerbread I still can't imagine it having it since Lg announced gingerbread for the Optimus 3D will be coming out in October and normally other countries get it first before it comes to america. I can imagine a software update to fix battery life and just a initial shipment issue is what probably caused the delay.