LG Thrill Internal w/ ExternalSupport

Last Updated: 2012-04-28 05:34:15
  1. Android1993

Android1993 Well-Known Member

Here's the story, I purchased an LG Thrill 4G. Been happy with this phone until I realized that LG modified the phone to have Internal Memory show up as the main SD card. Now my issue is that I've run out of Internal Memory due to game data, while my External SD Card has 6 GB free. (Transferring game data to my External SD card doesn't work! I've tried that already, so please don't suggest anything of that sort.) I read that going through a file manager to /system/etc/vold.fstab and changing lines of code would make the system view my External SD as my Internal SD, thing is I have no idea how to go about that. I tried switching anything that said "extsdcard" with "sdcard" and vise versa, but it doesn't fix a thing.

I'm not sure if anyone here would be able to help, but it seems like it isn't only my specific phone having this issue, quite a few phones nowadays have this issue as well, "Internal Memory being viewed as the SD card". If anyone could guide me toward something, anything, I'd really appreciate it, and so will others having the same issue.

Advertisement