• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Thrive Bricked - no Fastboot/ADB access

RonOrtiz

Lurker
Dec 20, 2012
Hey everyone,

I have an LG P500 ( AT&T Variant - 'LG Thrive'). I had it rooted, although this is not the cause of the bricking. One day all of a sudden out of the blue it would not boot. After pressing the power button, the LG logo will come on, and the 4 button LEDs will flash 4 times and stay lit and the device will continue to stay on the LG screen. Currently this is the status of my device. ADB or fastboot are unable to notice the device whether it's on the LG screen, Emergency mode, or the console looking screen (white text/black background). FYI, I never had CWM or any alternate recovery program installed. Also - suggestions for the KDZ program would not be helpful, I run Linux and do not have access to a Windows computer.

Thanks for any help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones