• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Tone HBS-700 vs. Sony Ericsson MW600 BT headset

gingersnapgirl

Android Enthusiast
Sep 15, 2012
Oakland, CA
I have a SGS3, and I'm on the market for a bluetooth headset. These two are the ones I'm trying to decide between.

I hate the ones that go over the ear and behind the head - they hurt my ears, and they're too bulky for me.

I like the small size of the Sony Ericsson model, but I'm reading that they may not work with the SGS3. Anyone have any information to share to the contrary?

I think that the LG model would be a good compromise, but can't find much information about them here.

I'm open to other suggestions as well, if there's another model I should be looking at.

Sorry I'm late to the party. I have the Jaybird Freedom BT headphones and love them.

I looked at something similar at one point and decided against them, because the part that goes into the ear was so conspicuous. I like the LG headset because the bulk of it goes around my neck (and can be covered with a coat or scarf if needed).

And the reason this is important to me is that there has been a rash of smartphone thefts in the areas I spend my time in, and an obvious bluetooth headset is almost asking to be mugged.

Upvote 0
An attractive alternative that I use is the Samsung HS3000, it's a bluetooth adapter slightly smaller than a stick of gum that has a mic and media transport buttons built in. It allows you to use your favorite headphones as a stereo bluetooth headset . Sound is excellent, also supports the apt-x sound codec.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones