lg update 2.2.2 un-rooted my phoneGeneral

1. jackdsparker94

jackdsparker94 Well-Known Member

hey guys first post and all.

right so i found out the gingerbread was on the LG website yes!
    so ive gone and downloaded all the updates and stuff, ran it and bam no 2.3.3 gingerbread

instead its taken away my root permission, custom boot animation and replaced the system apps i deleted.

thats not even the worst bit.

i cant seem to root it anymore. before i used superoneclick and ive also used it with a Xperia mini pro worked fine, now superoneclick just says not responding -.- im totally gutted, ive tried universal androot thing wont even let me open it -.- and i will be trying Z4root in a second.

any help would be appreciated

Advertisement
  2. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Yep, official updates will do that. Still, live and learn.

SuperOneClick should still work though? If you get really stuck you can NVFlash a new recovery and root via that. Look for the data safe disaster recovery post in the root section.
  3. jackdsparker94

Damn if only i knew XD
    i went back to Superoneclick> put it on Gingerbreak> ROOT> then it asked if i was running 2.0 higher > yes> and then i said skip, then done :D rooted yet again :)

i am having issues though and i was wondering if you could help me as im getting rather confused with clockworkmod, and considering your an LG 2x owner you might wanna give me a hand?
  4. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Sure, which bit is getting you confused?
  5. jackdsparker94

im trying to install a custom rom

and ive done a flash of my current rom (the first option on clockworkmod app) but i cant seem to find it on the recovery

and i cant seem to do a nandroid back up it says sd not found skipping and if i go to back up it has 2dates where ive backed up but it said skipping so surely theres nothing backed up XD

really what i need is a good step to step cause the others ive followed have led me to where i am atm, stuck XD

Thanks!
  6. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

OK, I'm guessing you don't have an external SD card? I'm also guessing the version of CWM you have doesn't support the internal SD card either.

If you look in the root section, you'll see a thread by me for CWM recovery, it's kept upto date and to install it you just run a batch file... give that a shot?
  7. jackdsparker94

I have an External sd card (its only 2gb)
    and i have the free version of CWM
    ill have a look thanks
  8. jackdsparker94

the link doesnt seem to work and when i download it where do i put it on my phone sorry im such a noob at this XD
  9. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Extract the archive, then run one of the batch files.
  10. jackdsparker94

Batch file? XD
  11. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Yeah, like a shell script, only for DOS/Windows. Ends in .bat
  12. jackdsparker94

i figure im just going to get a bigger memory SD card and start from the beggining

1. download clockworkmod?
    2.next?
    3.next?
    4.next?

Rusty if you can tell me step by step would be awesome of you!
  13. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Root
    Install ROM Manager
    Install CWM via ROM Manage
    Reboot recovery
    Backup
    Wipe
    install zip from SD card
    Reboot
  14. jackdsparker94

CWM? is that "flash clockworkmod" or is that cyangenmod XD wow i thought i had this figured out, apparently not.
    nandroid backup?
    and the install zip im guessing thats the Cyangenmod 7?
  15. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

CWM = ClockworkMod, and the zip is indeed CM7 (or whatever ROM you may choose).
  16. jackdsparker94

i went into recovery clicked backup/restore chose backup and in my backup folder theres a date (obviously ive just done it) but before it finished it came up with No sd-ext found. skipping backup of sd.ext. generating md5 sum..

backup complete!

so does this mean its all good to go?! or something missing also is this a nandroid backup ? i have no idea where it has saved too and when you install a custom rom it wipes everything right? so wouldnt it just wipe that backup WOW im confused
  17. jackdsparker94

So installing a custom rom gets rid of Gmail/market etc?

If so is it easy to get back Orr?
  18. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Only CyanogenMod, legal wrangles meant they had to exclude it. You get the GApps package from Goo-Inside.me
  19. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Yes that's fine, not many people bother with sd-ext partitions, hence the error.
  20. jackdsparker94

I see so you still keep all the system stuff cool, if I went on that website and downloaded market for example it would install just like any other app from the web and work fine?
  21. jackdsparker94

Right so that's a nandroid backup then? :p so tell me rusty what's next?:D I'm getting a little excited now! Hha
  22. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Not quite, there is more too it than just the Market. You have to flash a zip from recovery. If it helps, use this one: gapps-gb-20110727-gtalkvid-signed.zip

It's pretty up to date, and I've modified it to include GTalk with video chat.
  23. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Next is wipe, install ROM, then GApps if needed (ie. If using CM).
  24. jackdsparker94

So how does that work? Download it to your phone and put it in a folder or something? after installing cyangenmod, do i have to them boot into recovery and flash it like i do with cyangenmod?
  25. jackdsparker94

Soo download Cyangenmod, is there any other roms that although me to keep market etc?

okayy download cyangen, reboot into recovery then wipe, (does the nandroid backup stay then?) then itll do its thing bam, cyangen running