LG Venice ~or~ Galaxy S2 4G

1. Plaigh

Plaigh Well-Known Member

I'm somewhat having a hard time deciding what phone to get since my Transform Ultra passed away three days ago R.I.P. :(

I have to say I like the price of the LG Venice but I LOVE the white SGS24G :D

I figure I would let the pro's (you guys & gals) help me decide on what one to get. I am staying with Boost Mobile because I am down to $40 a month (finally)

I'm already excited to read the comments :ciao:

Advertisement
    :
  2. aiq

aiq Member

S2 hands down!
    Plaigh likes this.
  3. palmtree5

palmtree5 Sunny Vacation Supporter! Moderator

Depends. Do you have 4G in your area? If not, I'd say go with the Venice. I've been thinking about upgrading myself
    Plaigh likes this.
  4. MiguelAMX

MiguelAMX Well-Known Member

If you're not worried about being on the latest software update, and you would enjoy a color saturated screen as supposed to color accuracy; Get the Samsung S2.

The LG Venice, according to a certain YouTube review, has had many issues on a previous model. Now it was repackaged for Boost I believe; however, the problems might still be present. I wouldn't choose the LG because you might not have as a pleasant experience as on the S2.
    Plaigh likes this.
  5. Surelee

Surelee Member

I went from the Evo Design to the S2 and couldn't be happier. One heck of a phone. Check out the forum for the S2 and you'll see what the owners are saying about it.
    Plaigh likes this.
  6. Firewill10

Firewill10 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about 4g or not. It is still fast with 3g service and the phone is great. Don't let 3g/4g deter your choice because the phone will work great either way
    Plaigh likes this.
  7. Plaigh

Plaigh Well-Known Member

I went with the Venice because the price wasn't all that high & I know me, If I see a "HAVE TO HAVE" phone in the next few months I'm bound to get it.
  8. espylacopa

espylacopa Active Member

So what are your thoughts on the phone so far? Are you happy with the purchase?
    Plaigh likes this.
  9. Plaigh

Plaigh Well-Known Member

Hello espylacopa, Thanks for asking...

I gotta say I am VERY happy with this Venice! This being my third android phone (I get a new phone about once every 8 or 9 months I have a list around somewhere & I believe in the past 9 years I have had around 23 phones so far, YES I AM a cell phone addict :p) it's VERY fast. It's the same size at the SG2 actually (I held it up to the display at Best Buy & compared the two).

I also get service in my house in places that I normally didn't have service before (with the same provider Boost Mobile) so that is a huge PLUS.

It's got the 5MP camera with flash that is so clear it's almost unreal. It has a few cool camera settings that I didn't have with other phones. Panorama, "Say cheese" and the front camera for Skype. It came with a 2GB mini SD card too so that was a pleasant surprise.

This Venice has the Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) & I have nothing but greatness to say about it. Going from Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) to a 4.0 ICS is a huge jump. Kinda like going from Windows 98 to Windows 7. The screen is HUGE compared to the STU - I did have a fear of going from a slide keyboard to touch screen keyboard BUT it took me all of about 2 days to get the hang of it.

The battery life is about the same as any other Android out there. I talk & text a lot so by the end of a day it's at about 15%. The design of this phone is very slim & that took some getting used to but it's easy for me to adapt. :D

I haven't rooted it yet & I don't know if I will but so far this phone is so much more than I expected. I had my heart set on the Galaxy S2 BUT I didn't want to spend that kind of money ($369.00) & now I am glad I didn't. This phone is perfect for what I use it for - Games, texting, talking, apps & of course Facebooking. I would honestly recommend this phone to anyone who is wanting to upgrade to a new phone but not wanting to go broke for one. The ONLY 'con' about this phone is I haven't found many cases for it yet & I am the type that has to have a phone case on my phone. I'm VERY anal about the condition of the phone I have. I don't like scratches, dents, dings of any size. Heck, I don't even like getting fingerprints on it for that matter. I treat my phones better than most people get treated LOL.

Overall I would give this phone 2 thumbs way up!

As time passes & I learn more stuff about this phone I will be hanging around the LG Venice threads.

Plaigh, :shakehands: Nice to meet you :)
    amc91 and mydian like this.