• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Venice ~or~ Galaxy S2 4G

Plaigh

Mar 13, 2012
Western Michigan
I'm somewhat having a hard time deciding what phone to get since my Transform Ultra passed away three days ago R.I.P. :(

I have to say I like the price of the LG Venice but I LOVE the white SGS24G :D

I figure I would let the pro's (you guys & gals) help me decide on what one to get. I am staying with Boost Mobile because I am down to $40 a month (finally)

I'm already excited to read the comments :ciao:

If you're not worried about being on the latest software update, and you would enjoy a color saturated screen as supposed to color accuracy; Get the Samsung S2.

The LG Venice, according to a certain YouTube review, has had many issues on a previous model. Now it was repackaged for Boost I believe; however, the problems might still be present. I wouldn't choose the LG because you might not have as a pleasant experience as on the S2.

Reactions: Plaigh
Upvote 0
So what are your thoughts on the phone so far? Are you happy with the purchase?

Hello espylacopa, Thanks for asking...

I gotta say I am VERY happy with this Venice! This being my third android phone (I get a new phone about once every 8 or 9 months I have a list around somewhere & I believe in the past 9 years I have had around 23 phones so far, YES I AM a cell phone addict :p) it's VERY fast. It's the same size at the SG2 actually (I held it up to the display at Best Buy & compared the two).

I also get service in my house in places that I normally didn't have service before (with the same provider Boost Mobile) so that is a huge PLUS.

It's got the 5MP camera with flash that is so clear it's almost unreal. It has a few cool camera settings that I didn't have with other phones. Panorama, "Say cheese" and the front camera for Skype. It came with a 2GB mini SD card too so that was a pleasant surprise.

This Venice has the Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) & I have nothing but greatness to say about it. Going from Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) to a 4.0 ICS is a huge jump. Kinda like going from Windows 98 to Windows 7. The screen is HUGE compared to the STU - I did have a fear of going from a slide keyboard to touch screen keyboard BUT it took me all of about 2 days to get the hang of it.

The battery life is about the same as any other Android out there. I talk & text a lot so by the end of a day it's at about 15%. The design of this phone is very slim & that took some getting used to but it's easy for me to adapt. :D

I haven't rooted it yet & I don't know if I will but so far this phone is so much more than I expected. I had my heart set on the Galaxy S2 BUT I didn't want to spend that kind of money ($369.00) & now I am glad I didn't. This phone is perfect for what I use it for - Games, texting, talking, apps & of course Facebooking. I would honestly recommend this phone to anyone who is wanting to upgrade to a new phone but not wanting to go broke for one. The ONLY 'con' about this phone is I haven't found many cases for it yet & I am the type that has to have a phone case on my phone. I'm VERY anal about the condition of the phone I have. I don't like scratches, dents, dings of any size. Heck, I don't even like getting fingerprints on it for that matter. I treat my phones better than most people get treated LOL.

Overall I would give this phone 2 thumbs way up!

As time passes & I learn more stuff about this phone I will be hanging around the LG Venice threads.

Plaigh, :shakehands: Nice to meet you :)

Reactions: amc91 and mydian
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones