• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help lg venice stuck in download is in progress do not disconnect cable

thanks to all that at least read my call for help i did all the research myself and found that lg website had the answer its called MANUALS & DOCUMENTSSOFTWARE UPDATE
STEP 1

Install the USB DRIVER

USB DRIVER for Windows
DOWNLOAD

STEP 2

Install and Execute the LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL

Windows XP, Vista, and Win7
DOWNLOAD

STEP 3

Connect your phone to PC by using the bundled USB Cable

STEP 4

Click “Start Updating” within the LG Mobile Support Tool to begin.

If your phone needs to upgrade, the “Start Updating “ button will be enable.

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
i did as you said but it continues to say that the update is not supported for my model.

Attachments

• update.JPG
    update.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 275
Upvote 0
i did as you said but it continues to say that the update is not supported for my model.

Use this guide I made in another thread:

"For those having issues with downloading the update through the phone, meaning it isn't working properly.

There's an alternative method for this, it's quite simple.

What you need:
- A Computer on Windows (Only tested OS)
- LG Venice (Obviously :p)
- USB Cable to connect to PC
- Ability to install programs on the PC

This method is pretty safe and used to unbrick some phones (Can also be used for upgrades), but just incase I'm in no way responsible for any damage to your Venice. Only you are, do this at your own risk.
I HAVE done this sucessfully on an LG Venice before, I also unbricked it on ICS, both times sucessful.
I've also used KDZ to unbrick the LG Lucid and downgrade it.

Download these files and extract the .zip file: Zippyshare.com - Files.zip
- I did NOT make any of these tools!

1. Install "LG VZW_United_WHQL_v2.7.1".
- These are drivers so the phone can be detected by the PC and flash JellyBean.
- Added Install "msxml" as well!

2. Get your phones IMEI/MEID by going on the dial pad and calling "*#06#" then get the number on your PC.
- More detailed instructions/methods: 6 Ways to Find the IMEI Number on a Mobile Phone - wikiHow

3. Open "Orignal LG Firmware" Enter "LG730" in "Model of phone" and your IMEI/MEID in the "Phone serial number" field.
- It says serial, but in the post I got this tool from it was edited and actually needs the IMEI/MEID number.

4. Choose a file save location and save the file. The firmware will be a .cab file.

5. Goto the KDZ folder and open "UpTestEX_mod2_marwin" (If you're on a netbook and the program doesn't fit on screen download altmove)

6. In "UpTestEX_mod2_marwin" Goto "Encrypt cab file to kdz file" and select the .cab file that just downloaded and hit the "encrypt cab -> kdz" button and wait for program to finish.
- File will show up on the top left side of the program under "test"

7. Connect your LG Venice to the PC in download mode.
- Download mode can be accessed by powering off the device. Connect it to the PC and boot it holding power up + down and the power button. It'll say download mode on screen.

8. Open "KDZ_FW_UPD" Set the phone mode to emergency and select the kdz file that UpTestModEX just made.

9. Click launch software update.
- THE PROGRAM WILL FREEZE UP! DO NOT REMOVE THE WIRE CONNECTION BETWEEN THE VENICE AND PC OR CLOSE KDZ! I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING SHOULD GO WRONG!
- The program will tell you when finished.

The following steps are optional, but recommended.

10. Disconnect the Venice from the PC and unmount the SD Card via settings.
- Then physically remove the SD card.

11. Power off the Venice fully.

12. Perform a HARD factory reset.
- This can be done by booting the phone holding the home key, volume down and power button. Follow on screen instructions to perform the hard factory reset.

Enjoy your LG Venice on JellyBean!"

Upvote 0
I had the same thing happen to my boost mobile venice when all I did was plug in charger and hold on buttom until I saw the LG logo then suddenly its telling me its downloading not to umplug cable. What I did was take my battery.out for.30 seconds, put it back in, restart the phone and all was working fine.No bricking.and my venice is also rooted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones