• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Volt 2?

The 50$ retail price hike isn't worth it. Screen is slightly better but smaller battery and lack of hardware buttons sucks arse. I'd rather cough up another 50$ and get a unlocked phone with WAY better specs.
Agreed. I recently got the Alcatel Idol 3 on sale for $200. Best phone I've ever had. Jumped to Cricket from Virgin and I'm very happy that I did. Not only do I have a better plan from Cricket for the same price I was paying Virgin, but I can use any GSM unlocked phone out there.

Upvote 0
I think the devs here might have a more concrete answer to this but is it possible to port the Volt 2's stock rom to our Volt? Other than the screen size and front cam different there's no reason for the "Volt 2" IMO.
Mmmmm I suppose I could be done, but why? We already have all sorts of other custom ROMs that are better than anything LG could give us.

Reactions: Fleshgob
Upvote 0
I think the devs here might have a more concrete answer to this but is it possible to port the Volt 2's stock rom to our Volt? Other than the screen size and front cam different there's no reason for the "Volt 2" IMO.
The volt 2 uses a different processor, basically the same as lg leon or g4 stylus. so if you want to create roms for the volt2 you could use the g4 stylus and lg leon device trees as a starting point.

specs- http://www.phonearena.com/phones/LG-Volt-2_id9489

g4 stylus device tree- https://github.com/TeamRegular/android_device_lge_g4stylus-common

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mmmmm I suppose I could be done, but why? We already have all sorts of other custom ROMs that are better than anything LG could give us.
I figured it might help roll out a stock lollipop rom easier than flashing CM12 but I saw what Bad_Mofo posted up so my idea was moot.

Also Thanks to everyone that supports this device, I wouldn't enjoy this thing nearly as much if it wasn't for everyone that's active in the scene.:D

Reactions: Bad_MOFO_33
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones