LG Volt now availableGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jamstewonline

jamstewonline Well-Known Member

Was thinking of getting the Supreme but This is VM's first Kit Kat phone. wonder if it's worth getting it or not.

2. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid. Guide

3. yogosans14

yogosans14 Active Member

Crappp, Idk if I want this or the Galaxy s3!

What is better?
  4. jmatherly411

jmatherly411 Well-Known Member

LG Volt is Virgin Mobile's first tri-band LTE device that will utilize all of Sprint's LTE bands, LTE bands 25 (1900MHz), 26 (800MHz), and band 41(2600MHz). Just note that band 26 and 41 may not be deployed yet in your area but will be eventually.

For 179.99 its got a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.2GHz processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM, SD slot for expandable storage, 4.7'' qHD IPS display, not too shabby.

ADDITIONAL NOTE: Galaxy S3 is only a single band LTE device meaning it will only pick up band 25 (1900MHz).
    rosedale likes this.
  5. yogosans14

yogosans14 Active Member

The gs3 has 2gb ram right?Hmmmmm I think ill stick with the trusty old GS3
  6. mikeca

mikeca Well-Known Member

This looks like it could be an incredible deal on a great phone! WOW!
  7. marco562

marco562 Well-Known Member

4.7" qHD display. With 4G LTE and fueled by the powerful Qualcomm
  8. yogosans14

yogosans14 Active Member

The GS3 has a 2gb ram and 16gb of internal storage...honestly Im just going to buy the gs3.
  9. DT3428

DT3428 Member

Was also debating between the volt and GS3.

I currently have the EVO 4g so anything would be an upgrade.

Which one would be better in the long run? I usually upgrade my phone once a year depending on the phone.
  10. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

Can the LG Volt be rooted? And I can't find a forum for the Volt. Does it go by another name?
  11. riggerman0421

riggerman0421 Well-Known Member

It's a new phone, just released. Give it a little time. Besides, LG has really started locking down their phones. The last couple phones, at least on VM , have taken a while to get root and a recovery.
  12. portezbie

portezbie Well-Known Member

As long as this phone gets root, I am on it. Looks like a great successor to the Optimus F3.
  13. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

Same. I look to see if a phone has root before I buy it. I can care less about a ROM at least it has root. I can just use xposed.

EDIT: Disregard that. I thought our phone was the LG L90 But it's actually a LG F90.
  14. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

I was just checking in with VM USA to see about the Galaxy S5 when I noticed the Volt. I figured I'd come here first to learn more about it.

I've got an S3, and have had it since about the second week it was released on VM. The Volt seems like an upgrade in every way except the memory. A pity :(

I would have bought it today if it matched or exceeded my S3, and then sold my S3 on eBay while it still has some value.

The fact that it doesn't have the Knox bootloader should give it more value in that regard.

And it looks just like a Galaxy S3/S4, not to mention, the 3000mAh battery on it is identical to mine with the Samsung extended battery.
    Murf1 likes this.
  15. mikeca

mikeca Well-Known Member

Just (and I mean just) got one today for my wife, on the doorstep when I got home, bigger looking than I thought (but that's a good thing). Looks quite nice and for that price it's pretty WOW!

Will find out more once we get it activated, she is replacing her EVO.
  16. TheConcertKing

TheConcertKing Well-Known Member

I just read that the Volt only has 3gb of internal space available to the user. That's a HUGE dealbreaker. After dealing with major storage issues with my past 2 phones, there's no way I would go with something with such a minuscule amount of internal storage. I don't understand how it can be so difficult in this day and age to put a minimum of 16gb of internal space available to the user. A 16gb micro sd card is like $5, building it into the phone can't possibly cost much money.
  17. Palmetto Fellow

Palmetto Fellow Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this. I don't even like 16GB anymore. I feel 32GB should be minimum for any phone without removable storage. Luckily, this phone accepts Micro SD cards.

The Bean Counters have taken over...any and every corner that can be cut, will be cut. I don't see how they can sell this phone for so cheap. Makes me wonder how many other corners were cut.
  18. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

This phone does have a multicolored LED right?
  19. TheConcertKing

But expandable memory only does so much. Not all apps can be moved to the sd card, and even ones that can be still take up room on the internal storage. Plus there's the app data which adds up quick. 3gb is pathetic. I agree with you that 32gb should be the standard, but I was saying that 16gb should still be so cheap that even low end phones should have it, and I don't mean 16gb total and like 10gb available to the user, because that's bullshit. I was going to get a Volt, but now I'm going to go with the S3, unless something else comes along in the next few weeks, solely because of internal storage. On the Evo V 4g, people were saying the 1gb it has would be more than enough, but after a few months it filled up and for the past year and a half, I've been having to uninstall apps, then reinstall them or delete a bunch of app data just to be able to update apps. It's such a pain and I never want to have to deal with it again. I applaud LG for creating a phone that *seems* to be like a great value in most aspects, but cutting the corner to save literally a couple dollars by screwing customers over on precious internal storage is detestable.
  20. mikeca

mikeca Well-Known Member

Yes it does, very cool!
  21. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid. Guide

mikeca, or anyone else with a Volt:

Can you post how much free space was available on your Volt when you first got it (if you remember)? I'm trying to confirm that 3GB amount posted above, and haven't found another post or review to verify it.
  22. riggerman0421

riggerman0421 Well-Known Member

Second this, a screen shot of available storage would great. If you can.
  23. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

Sweet! Anyway to have the LED blink rainbow colors (like it does when the phone powers on) when I get a notification?
  24. mikeca

mikeca Well-Known Member

haven't activated it just yet (waiting for a case) and it's my wife's so I haven't gotten to "play" with it yet. LOL! Hopefully in the next couple days.
  25. TheConcertKing

Obviously it's not the same as a screenshot from the actual device. But I read it here: LG Volt Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)