• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root lg volt twrp bootloop

cerberusx1

Lurker
Jul 22, 2016
i installed twrp and a custom rom it worked but i didnt like the performance of it so i decided i wanted to go back to stock zv6, but i had partitioned my sdcard for link2sd, i got aggravated and formatted the sd card and when i rebooted it now only attempts to go into twrp recovery but wont fully load up and just bootloop the twrp recovery and i have no idea how to fix it

thanks for any help

this is the flashtool error

pid: ct66s141028006617
imei: 9900035556921167
model: X5
dll: ls740
bin: ls740zv3_17.33030_secure.tot
swv: ls740zv6 01
swov: ls740zv6_01
device model is diffrent
check phone or dll

checked my imei on a different site and it says this if this helps

IMEI:990003556921167
Model:LGLS740P
Suffix:ASPRWHH

Upvote 0
i installed twrp and a custom rom it worked but i didnt like the performance of it so i decided i wanted to go back to stock zv6, but i had partitioned my sdcard for link2sd, i got aggravated and formatted the sd card and when i rebooted it now only attempts to go into twrp recovery but wont fully load up and just bootloop the twrp recovery and i have no idea how to fix it

thanks for any help

When you try to go into twrp remove the sd card for a second and see if it boots in to twrp all the way and reinsert the sd card once you reinsert the sd card go to install click the tab at the top and hit sd card it should load the sd card back up happend with my lg volt

Upvote 0
I think using download mode with LG's flash tool is dangerous. There are some problems it can make worse. If download mode runs, there is a different method that can be used to restore everything, but it is also complicated to use. I should make a post documenting the trickery one of these days.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones