• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG VOLT WHITE BLOTCH

kyle29080

Lurker
Jul 20, 2016
pooooooooooooooooooop.jpg probably can only see if you zoom i dont know if its a dead group of pixels or what but i can only notice it when its a black or dark screen. i really need help on this and would like to know if this is a normal thing.

It looks like the startup screen of the camera application. If you manually tried to reset the phone I wouldn't know how to recover your phone since you don't have a custom recovery. There are various devs who may help you. Such as Spock, whoshojr, and badmofo.

*UPDATE AS OF YESTERDAY* yesterday i rooted it and got custom recover and by reset all i did was the factory reset where it just puts you back to how it was when you bought the phone. also i made a backup of my phone using the custom recovery. also idk if i mentioned this but the white spot is there on any black screen and i can kind of see it on colored screens but really only noticeable on black so i used camera application startup so you could see it in the picture. sorry for any mixups. thanks.

Upvote 0
*UPDATE AS OF YESTERDAY* yesterday i rooted it and got custom recover and by reset all i did was the factory reset where it just puts you back to how it was when you bought the phone. also i made a backup of my phone using the custom recovery. also idk if i mentioned this but the white spot is there on any black screen and i can kind of see it on colored screens but really only noticeable on black so i used camera application startup so you could see it in the picture. sorry for any mixups. thanks.
So you took that picture of the white boltch while on the camera app?

Upvote 0
New to this place first post. similar problem occurred last night with a little more detail (photo will be attached) look to left of Apps icon. I have a set of matching phones, (s3's) one was pristine[A] as i had received it from a person only after 1 month of use and stored it for the future. the other my original purchased when the model came out.
having done a backup of old with Kies3 and a reload to new]A] transferring only the basics were allowed to. I now decided to use NFC/ S Beam to transfer all those important desktop items.
It was during this process that suddenly on both phones [A&B] the white spot appeared. [A] was plugged into power supply. Both appear in the same spot.
Powering on/off makes no change. Tried a pixel checker with no indication of a burnout or damage.

Attachments

• Screen blotch.png
    Screen blotch.png
    268.1 KB · Views: 175
Upvote 0
New to this place first post. similar problem occurred last night with a little more detail (photo will be attached) look to left of Apps icon. I have a set of matching phones, (s3's) one was pristine[A] as i had received it from a person only after 1 month of use and stored it for the future. the other my original purchased when the model came out.
having done a backup of old with Kies3 and a reload to new]A] transferring only the basics were allowed to. I now decided to use NFC/ S Beam to transfer all those important desktop items.
It was during this process that suddenly on both phones [A&B] the white spot appeared. [A] was plugged into power supply. Both appear in the same spot.
Powering on/off makes no change. Tried a pixel checker with no indication of a burnout or damage.
This is the LG Volt forum and you didn't attach a picture.
Edit: Just to clarify, I wasn't upset, I was just trying to help by pointing out two things. When I originally saw your post the picture wasn't there, maybe because the app is really buggy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Rob
The answer to my blotch problem was resolved by using a new solid black background photo i made by covering lenses them using same for desktop and locked screen. I knew i had no screen damage and wondered why it suddenly appeared when transferring between two androids with s beam/nfc. i can only think some glitch occurred during the process to suddenly duplicate both devices screens with a new background with the imperfection on same.

Now if i was more savvy and make andMego happy i would figure out how to move this to the android section of this forum and a note, i had difficulty uploading the photo hence the time delay in my post.
All said with a smile ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones