Lg vortex help please im desperate :'(Support

Last Updated:

1. eddiekim

eddiekim New Member

Ok so today I was on my Lg Vortex doing my regular things such as watching Youtube Videos, going on facebook, and etc. My phone slowed down so I used my cache cleaner and my task killer and then accidently went to Settings Storage. Without thinking twice I cleared the data on it. Later when I rebooted my phone cuz it was being all funky, the lock screen where i usually put my pass code was gone and it went straight to the home screen >;0
    I pressed the lock button to put it on sleep and when i pressed it again the lock screen just woudln't show up at all ! After that I realize that the home button wasnt working either when i pressed it
    DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW I CAN FIX THIS WITHOUT HAVING TO REST MY PHONE OR SEND IT TO VERIZON???? I am currently running Android 2.2.1 and my phone is not rooted.
    Please help! Time is of the essence!

2. jinwons

jinwons Well-Known Member

Sorry to see your trouble. But unless someone had the exact same trouble and managed to resolve it, I don't know how anyone can help you except Verizon service.

Also I would advise to not use apps like task killer, cache cleaner, don't know what cache cleaner is. I alwasy go into android setting menu to clear cache manually if I want to free some storage space. Looks like clearing data in storage setting on that app delete some important system files and caused this trouble.
  3. Pechulsthunder

Pechulsthunder New Member

OMG did that today!!!!! Phone was slowing down and I cleaned up some things and now the home button is not working or the slider lock. Verizon people are helpless. Anhyone else did this too. How to fix it?
  4. kawasakilewis

kawasakilewis Member

happend to me, i just restarted my phone and it came back, hope that helps