• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Vortex: Rooted, No Keyboard/Wifi/Cell Network/File Manager

TJZurei

Lurker
Sep 17, 2014
Hello and thank you for being associated with the forums and help desk! Newbie here...

PROBLEM- I have an odd dilemma that I made worse on my phone. My Vortex is and has been rooted, ;) with much bloatware removed and standard apps replaced with customizations...

Forgetting the wonky, un-recorded or backed up way that I had rooted and changed my phone, :( I factory reset it, bypassed activation (which didn't work anyway) and now it has no working file manager, no working keyboard or speech/text program, or an apk on the SD card. It also has no working or accessible wifi or cell network since I was unable to activate it.

QUESTION- So, how can I make sure it is functional for use with a keyboard and file manager? I am ok with un-rooting or re-stocking it if that is somehow possible. :thinking:

I'm hoping I didn't 'brick' my phone in a way by doing this...maybe it's just a light
coma...

OTHER DETAILS
- Also, sometimes I get one of two error messages: 'The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly Please try again' and another that I believe is or is similar to 'The process android.process.lghome has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.'

Any info is very appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones