LGL45C Boot.Img

Last Updated:

1. jackv4

jackv4 Well-Known Member

Here is the boot.img for any LGL45C Phone for those who are stuck in a bootloop and are still able to get into cwm

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    phloggo, desearcher and MH58 like this.
  2. Sonic132

Sonic132 Member

Is this the stock Boot.img?
    Because I screwed up and wipe the SD card with the Nandroid on it.
  3. jackv4

jackv4 Well-Known Member

Yes it is
  4. stloftis

stloftis Member

does this file need to be renamed or anything else before I install it thru cwm?
  5. Can this be used in emergency download mode to unbrick the lgl45c?

I need help as I tried rooting it and it bricked on me, now it will only enter Emergency Download Mode or Boot as far as the LG splash screen, I have tried many things and so far no luck, the last I tried was using KDZ_FW-UPZ.exe and that didn't work even though everything did what it was supossed to...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
  6. 4218kris

4218kris Member

any luck?
  7. How would you use this? Like how do you install it
  8. hokie36

hokie36 Member

yea, same dumb question here, how should i install this boot.img file?
    i'm stuck in the CWM recovery no matter how I boot, connected to PC and adb sees the phone, but not fastboot.
    tried flash your stock_ROM flashable zip, but reboot takes it back to recovery again.

looked for some generic "adb flash/install boot.img" threads yet none was done successfully...
  9. RickHalle

RickHalle New Member

Okay, I must be missing something here. My LGL45C is stuck booting to the cwm menu and that is all. I tried adding this zip to the sdcard and cwm aborts the installation. I suspect there is an installer script or busybox or something that needs to go with it. Note that I tried to do everything right and have at least 4 backup roms that were previously working before it got stuck in this boot loop. (I was trying to get a backup after a factory data wipe)
  10. snfproductions

snfproductions New Member

any solution to this yet? I did the same thing.
  11. hokie36

hokie36 Member

Any of you guys had luck? I still don't know how to flash a boot.img while I cannot boot to the OS and use the "flash_image" script, or enter fastboot mode for this particular phone.
    So how to...?
  12. RickHalle

RickHalle New Member

No luck here, I messed with it for about 5 days and then gave up and got another phone. If someone does figure it out I would love to get that one working again. Note that the battery is long since dead and was not charging when plugged in so whatever it is will need to work via the cable.

FWIW, this seems to be a CWM boot issue and there is no way once installed to get around it.
  13. hokie36

hokie36 Member

Thanks for the message! And similarly here, I think at some point, I pushed the button too quick and didn't use the original boot.img. (which is specified in the thread of both ROMs for L45C). So I'm stuck with a boot.img from those ROMs, not original one. As a result it won't boot pass CWM no matter what stuff I flash. Without flashing the original boot.img (which was supplied here), I don't think I can make the phone boot to OS.

In the other "How to Unbrick xxx" thread, I, like many, had difficulty restore the phone as well. I even managed to get an updated version of that red LG logo software, which is now called "LGMobile Support Tool". It'll download factory image but once it enters the flashing step, the software reports an error and didn't flash it. That is the same as reported using early tools in that thread. SO, you can't restore it.

You cannnot factory restore your phone or flash a correct boot.img back onto it. Well, it is soft bricked, but it is BRICKED.

I decided not to waste more time on this dev-diminished device but sell it for whatever it'll get.