LG's Ally-Iron Man 2 microsite is now live!General

Last Updated:

1. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

LG's Ally-Iron Man 2 microsite is now live | Android Central

Verizon LG Ally site goes live with limited specs Android Junkies

Its good to see another qwerty android about to come out but for some reason, this doesn't look like its much better than the Moment (if it is at all).

The processor is rumored to be either 1ghz snapdrgn or 600mhz arm11. (If the latter is true...0_o)

Im not sure if its an amoled. The physical keyboard is a little smaller than the Moment's as well. (But still not bad at all)

Oh and what really stinks is that the screen size is the avarage 3.2 inch one we have now on the moment.

The camera set a be 3.2 megapixels

This looks like its about the same thing I have now (except with better marketing lol)

Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. zcarman

zcarman Well-Known Member

I think we're all starting to get caught up in the 'bigger-screen/faster processor' game right now. The part to consider is, what does the fast processor and bigger screen do that the Moment won't?

The Moment isn't the flashiest piece of hardware on the market. It doesn't have the screen of the HD2. It doesn't have the tilting screen of the Touch Pro 2. It doesn't have 2.1 like the N1 or Droid. But the biggest problem with the Moment is, it doesn't work well on Sprint's network - and that is mostly to blame on 1.5's shortcomings.

Overall, I think with the way that the first "Iron Man" phone worked out - what was it again? lol - I'm thinking LG just wanted another 6 months of fun... The Ally looks cute and fluffy, but with the powerhouses coming this summer, I don't see it being a threat. I mean, why get an Ally when the Incredible is out?

3. Eazail70x7

Slide-out QWERTY I guess :p

Well, 2.1 is coming soon so it should make the Moment run alot better I think. At least, we hope lol

I'm currently running DD10 and I rarely have any CDMA lockups now and only had the airplane mode glitch once so far. So, it is improved on DD10. I don't think DD10 is the final build though. I mean, the volume keeps on coming out of the ear hole instead of the speaker. I doubt the final version will have this annoyance :mad:

4. cosine83

cosine83 Well-Known Member

All I'll say is that the Moment is my last phone from Samsung. I had an Instinct prior to this and was burned by that. I had a Palm Treo 700wx and a LG Fusic before that. The LG phone was a great little phone even for a "dumb" phone. I wouldn't jump ship for this phone (HTC Evo please!) but I would definitely recommend people this phone over the Moment if it comes with 2.1 and has equivalent or better hardware.

5. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Again, I love the Moment (the physical phone itself) more than I do my Hero. The only thing that tickled my fancy enough to get the Hero was the CDMA lockouts. Having 3 or 4 a day after 6 Moments was enough for me.

On this note, yes the Hero lags, a lot more than the Moment. It's tolerable, but it's still there. One added benefit, so far that I've seen, is that 3-D programs/games run flawlessly smooth on here. Even the Quake 2 beta thing I downloaded runs at 16 FPS, then about 8 while in a fight. Just weird trade offs.....

Don't make a mistake about it, if the Moment didn't have the CDMA lockout issue, I'd still have it, no doubt on that one.

6. Eazail70x7

I'm hoping in the official 2.1 will fix the lockout issues.

7. Keo

Keo Active Member

What's a CDMA lockout?

Anyone know which phone company this is going to? I assume Verizon :(

8. Eazail70x7

Me 2

9. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

Head to head with the Droid, that'd be an interesting choice to have to make. No way to tell without knowing finals specs I reckon.