Life's Miserable after FroyoSupport

Last Updated:

1. shunail

shunail Member This Topic's Starter

Like many other users, I downloaded Android 2.2 last Friday and things which were bad with Evo 4G (as is) went worst. Battery life was bad as is on Evo, even though I keep 4G or WiFi Off. I even ordered 3000mah battery, which made it better from half day to entire day survival w/o charging and not frequently using phone for multimedia but just regular amount texting. So on Friday, thinking things will get better upon updating to 2.2, it went opposite. I see Apps upon Apps running in Application --> Manage Application --> Running. Even upon Forcefully closing Apps, they keep on popping up. I don't have Facebook sync but Facebook (the culprit here) would come up in Manage App (running) utility. So I hard reset phone using clear data and back to factory default. It has gotten better but still SO MANY APPs running even upon force closing them. Very frustrating :mad:. ANY help - is much appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. basso4735

basso4735 Well-Known Member

3. thekarens

thekarens Well-Known Member

I think for most people their battery life is the same (assuming you're not doing anything different.) My battery life is the same before and after froyo. If you're really unhappy I would recommend getting a phone with better battery life and that won't be any of the new smart phones. They all seem to have poor battery life.

4. shunail

I've had Smart Phones all my life, starting one of the first Treo to latest Palms - HTC Mogul to Touch, even Blackberry Bold 2... this one's is the best OS yet battery is an issue!!
    Nah, I haven't rooted my phone, only if I had prior to 2.2 but I didn't looked until got to know day before that there's such thing...
    I'll go through "How to fix Froyo" but as I said, I've already restored my phone... I'll see what else is in their.

5. shunail

Followed the instructions but still - all apps turning up by themselves!!! I guess I've to wait till 2.2 compatible rooting utility is out, or is it out that I don't know of? Is it possible to root Android 2.2?