light bleeding at bottom of screen

Last Updated:

1. scorpionfalcon

scorpionfalcon Active Member This Topic's Starter

Look at the bottom of the screen while on a white background (eg in the web browser). Does anybody else notice spots that seems brighter? It will look like more light from the lcd is shining through than other parts. Again its only apparent with a white background.

Advertisement
  2. kevlars9

kevlars9 New Member

Yes, I have it too. It's pretty bad on a white screen and a lil annoying. Idk if its normal for lcd or not.

3. scorpionfalcon

I've seen it on iphones as well, but was hoping it wasn't going to happen with our EVOs. Oh well, can't have it all I guess :mad: I noticed that at full brightness, you cannot tell. It is only more noticeable when the brightness is around mid-level or lower. I was contemplating on returning it to hopefully find a unit that didn't have the problem, but I guess I should consider myself lucky not to have any dead pixels (knock on wood).

4. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

where exactly should it be? I tried looking at my screen and I don't notice anything.

5. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I did notice a slight shadow on the top edge of the screen.

6. tjwoo

tjwoo Well-Known Member

yeah. it's like tiny three slivers of lights.
    I had to actually look pretty hard for it to notice it. It's a nonissue for me.

7. Aridon

Aridon Well-Known Member

I have to look pretty hard, mine isn't as bad as some if the pics I've seen. Guess I'm lucky.

8. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

yep i have them on the sides...

9. scorpionfalcon

Are you guys gonna try and get another unit, hoping to get one without the bleeding issue? Or are you just gonna live with it.

10. kevlars9

kevlars9 New Member

I may try and swap it but im not sure yet. Plus everyone seems to be sold out of evos. I'll try and post a pic so u can see it. (If i figure out how to do that). Like I said its very noticeable on a white screen.

11. Magus_doc

Magus_doc Member

This is what i'm seeing on the my phone. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

12. kellte2

kellte2 Well-Known Member

This is normal. Exchanging the phone will get you another phone exhibiting the same behavior. Check just about any review.

13. Geniuz650

Geniuz650 Well-Known Member

That's normal. It's not leaking through the bottom of the phone.

For example:

[​IMG]

Now, that's not normal.

14. kellte2

kellte2 Well-Known Member

This is correct.

15. DarkManX4lf

DarkManX4lf Well-Known Member

If u looked at it in a different angle I'm site u will see the bleeding lights.

16. MasterKoiFish

MasterKoiFish Member

I do have some leakage in the same location but its very minimal on mine. With mine its less than a millimeter of light in two places. It's hardly an issue....at least with mine

17. adseguy

adseguy Well-Known Member

I swear these are the same people that start yelling and screaming when someone mentions the bad qualities of this phone. They need PERFECTION! iPhoners were 10x worse though. I say one guy on a forum exchange his over 10 times.

18. Geniuz650

Geniuz650 Well-Known Member

My phone is actually pretty perfect. It will never be perfect though.

19. Magus_doc

Magus_doc Member

ya mine is not so bad as i have to look at it from an angle to see the lights, but if its like this in my face i wont be too happy.

20. Jim_Phone

Jim_Phone Well-Known Member

I am loving my new Evo but I also have significant light bleeding from the bottom of my screen, shining upwards from the four softkeys at the bottom. It's not noticeable if I look at the screen perfectly straight on. But if I look even slightly down on it or if I tip the bottom edge of the phone away from me, I can see the light streaking upwards into the bottom of the display screen and also see where it is glowing from below the screen, especially when the screen is black or white, like in a web browser. I would like to see other Evos in person to see how they compare and if they all are like that.

21. vikingjunior

vikingjunior Well-Known Member

WOW you guys are getting real picky now.

22. ultraspank

ultraspank Member

yea, i'd have to say mine is pretty damn distracting. this is in a well lit room...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

if you look close there you can see my screen progressively rises above the plastic bezel. at the bottom theres a lip. sigh.

23. Eureka7

Eureka7 Member

yea mine is like that as well is that something to be concerned about? for example dust getting in and such. Also the screen doesnt seem to be flushed with the plastic bezel as it goes towards the bottom.

24. samarx

samarx Active Member

Mine look very similar to this. Here is a very very easy fix. Remove the rear cover. Have a T5 hex head screw driver, it is very small. I had one for my Palm Pre because the screws were loose. by the way I exchanged mine for another du to this fault. Got my new one today, not as bad but still present. I found the two lower screws were actually loose!! I must have turned those two screws about 2 degrees, checked & light leak is gone. Checked others & they were tight. There is one screw with a tapering cover on it. Do NOT remove that covering. The rest were tight anyway just bottom 2 were loose. I am sure this will take care of the fault. remember DO NOT over tighten. Just go a couple of degrees & fault will disappear. I was really worried about keeping this phone due to this even though I really love the phone. I was thinking....poor build quality like my Pre but I am really happy now!! Thank God.

SeauxCrazy and ultraspank like this.
  25. ultraspank

ultraspank Member

oh awesome, i'll have to try that. gotta get a hex from my buddy real quick though. thanks for the info.