light leakage getting worse.

Last Updated:

1. hawkijustin

hawkijustin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm starting to get some heavy light leakage below the home and search key. Its now starting to go up the sides of the bottom of the phone also. When I press down on the phone where the light is leaking it goes away. The phone is great other then that. Should I take it back to best buy and exchange it or man up and keep it?

Advertisement
  2. Roq

Roq Well-Known Member

Will they really exchange it for just light leakage? Mine leaks bad and i bought it at radio shack.

3. AsItLies

AsItLies Well-Known Member

Sounds like you guys haven't followed the Hero threads before. They too had light leakage and over time it resulted in dust under the screen.

It only stands to reason if the glass isn't sealed properly you'll be able to see that by the light leakage getting worse. Eventually, and the hero threads make it pretty clear, there will be dust under the screen.

Returned my first one, within the 30 days, for this problem. In the 30 days you can return it for any reason, or no reason, it's your option.

After 30 days, they you're dealing with a whole multitude of things. They may try to repair it, they may say you're full of bs, etc etc. They may just exchange it, who knows.

Good luck with it, but I'd point out, when trying to exchange, the hero had this problem and what the result was, and you don't want that... certainly worth a try imho.

happy 4th

4. sagedil

sagedil Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I was in day 30 yesterday, and saw light leakage bleeding on to screen for first time. Made a decision right there to replace both mine and my wife's. The leakage just kept getting worse.

Went to corp store and NO issues or pushbacks. Got put on list, should have new Evos next week.

But within 30 days, they were completely understanding.

5. Wave Beam

Wave Beam Member

I'd like to see a picture or video of this "leakage", since some posts I've read say that most people have it and don't know how to look for it.

6. sagedil

Really not true. Simply go into a dark environment. If you have it, it is impossible to NOT tell.

Once you spot it, keep checking every few days. For some, it doesn't seem to get worse. But for others, it gets worse and worse. My light leakage started a few weeks ago, just visible below two buttons, then it was all 4, and yesterday, could see light leaking onto screen, and that was brand new.

But again, if you have it, you can always tell if you just go somewhere a bit dark.

7. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Lol, I can see mine spewing light around the whole bottom edge, and its one o clock in my room with my lights on full blast. Again, this is a major problem, because it means that the screen is leaving the phone, albeit slowly, and letting crap get under it and into the actual hardware of the phone. A major piece being the screen.

8. sagedil

I agree. Why after assuming I didn't care, when I saw the leakage hit the screen, my wife and I threw cloathes on and went to Sprint. (On my and hers day 30)

When I saw how bad she had degraded in the 3 weeks since I first saw leakage, I knew the phones had to be returned.

9. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Their have been pictures posted already of this,my girl had it and just got her replacement yesterday and it's all good.

10. UrbanMuppet

UrbanMuppet Guest

No longer a contributing member as I was bashed by a moderator for providing helpful answers to topics.

11. coolguy949

coolguy949 Well-Known Member

I returned mine for good. My light leakage was getting worse. Probably from the phone in my pocket when I walk around (especially jeans). Movement from my leg probably works the glass back and forth, making it more loose over time. All 4 buttons had massive light leaking and the search key was really bad. I was starting to see the LED light bulb between the gap. When I bought the phone a month ago only the home and search keys were leaking. It is 100% true that it does get worse. I baby my phone and couldn't stop it from happening.

I will be waiting at least a month to check back in on inventory to see if HTC has addressed the quality issues. If I can handle a month with a TP2 (wow what a difference - can't believe this was my phone for a while).

12. hawkijustin

hawkijustin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah ill be returning mine when best buy opens Monday. Called Sprint today and they said the screen is starting to come up and separate.

13. ARR22

ARR22 Well-Known Member

This is how my phone looked before I replaced it.

[​IMG]

14. teky

teky Well-Known Member

^^^^Good lord! Yeah, that would have to go back. That looks like the screen is about to fall off. Man am I lucky. Got mine on day one and it's sealed nice and tight.

15. coolguy949

coolguy949 Well-Known Member

My search key LED was starting to poke through by last night. Not as bad as that yet. I returned it today. Didn't want to deal with an exchange. I'll wait for the QC issue, if ever, to be resolved.