%LIGHT Returns Value "%LIGHT"

1. digit27

digit27 Active Member

When I make a variable and set it to $LIGHT it changes to "$LIGHT" instead of a number like i was expecting...it does this whether ambient light is bright or dim. I have tried with auto brightness both enabled and disabled, tho auto brightness turns on automatically wen i enable a profile using the 'variable set' task, even before it runs the task. Anyone know why the %LIGHT isn't returning a reading?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Was light in "quotation marks"?
  3. digit27

digit27 Active Member

No...I could see how that would cause it, but I didn't put quotation marks. I actually selected it from the list of variables.
  4. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

Is there a space before the %?
  5. digit27

digit27 Active Member

No, no space before...and still just returning %LIGHT. I don't have this problem with any other built in variable.. I tried to make my own variable called %LIGHT to see if Tasker is recognizing it as a variable and Tasker wouldn't make it, so I guess it does. Auto brightness is working so I'm assuming the light sensor does work.... I wonder if other LG/G2X phones have this problem?
  6. electricpete

electricpete Well-Known Member

Your posts seems to have a typographical error using $ instead of %
    Similar typo in your code might give the results you report.
  7. digit27

digit27 Active Member

I'm surprised I didn't notice that typo so i checked my code, but its correct... still no luck getting it to work.
  8. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

The original thread has some discussion about this at the end.