Light Sensor and Screen Intensity Linearity

1. n0gik

n0gik Well-Known Member

I've noticed that when viewing the screen in a darkened room that the screen is actually too dark. Yet in a normal setting that the screen is correctly lit. I've tried increasing the intensity to maximum with the sensor enabled and it's still to dark in the darkened room. Now, I've disabled the sensor entirely and the screen just runs wide open all the time - day or night.

Has anyone else felt that it was too dark in the darkened setting? I'm wondering if there is a setting (probably not yet written for the phone/OS) to vary how linear the light sensor is at darker levels? Maybe a 'minimum darkness' adjustment?

Advertisement
    :
  2. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

I have not seen any app that allows adjustment of the auto-brightness feature. From what I've seen, most Hero users have found that auto-brightness leaves a LOT to be desired and it's best to turn it off and find a static setting that works best for them. Running it at max brightness will drain the battery faster. For me, about 2/3rds bright works well in almost all circumstances.
  3. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Yes and I don't use it because it doesn't adjust very well. Unless you are using an app like proximity sensor, I would just turn it off.
  4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Agreed, disable it.

I run mine at about 20% but I work in a dark room all day too....
  5. pingcharlie

pingcharlie Active Member

Ditto. I wonder if this has been fixed/optimized with custom ROMs?