Lights on buttons not turning onGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Shamrock13

Shamrock13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The lights on the bottom of my mom's phone aren't lighting up at all. We just got these phones today. I'm not sure if I changed a setting in my phone, but hers don't seem to turn on ever. Can anyone help me? I'd like to not return a brand new phone already. Thanks everyone!

Advertisement
  2. Shamrock13

Shamrock13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok. So after the whole day with the phone and putting our phones side by side, it seems as though it's still having this issue. Is there a setting I happened to check on mine that makes the keys turn on or what?

The Home, Menu, Back, and Search buttons are what I'm talking about.

3. WPerry66

WPerry66 Active Member

From what I understand, the backlight for those buttons is dependent on the light sensor on the phone's face. They aren't supposed to light up unless it's necessary. This could be why your buttons work and hers don't, considering the light sensors might not have exactly the same sensitivity.

Try holding your fingers over the sensor on your Mom's phone (to the left of the Verizon logo on the front of the phone) when you activate the buttons and see what happens.

I could be wrong, but I've seen that posted on here before.

4. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I know they are controlled by ambient light aka light sensor....at least they are on mine with the setting mine is set at what ever that is lol. Maybe in settings>sounds display>auto screen brightness might have something to do with it.

5. airjordan223

airjordan223 Well-Known Member

I noticed mine was having the same issue. I just covered the sensor at the top and the lights turned on, so it is light sensitive.

I sort of remember them being on all the time though.